Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' has reached all-time Top 15 list

Tue 

2. Avatar €85K (€42.3M)

3. Babylon €81K (€1M)

Probable Babylon will jump over A2 on Wednesday and then the rest of this week.

This run ended so suddenly unlike anywhere else in Europe. Loss of screens didn’t help.

Edited by todos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, todos said:

Tue 

2. Avatar €85K (€42.3M)

3. Babylon €81K (€1M)

Probable Babylon will jump over A2 on Wednesday and then the rest of this week.

This run ended so suddenly unlike anywhere else in Europe. Loss of screens didn’t help.

And 138k for Me Contro Te, for this week it will remain first but I think that in the next one it should drop below Avatar

@interiorgatordecorator  10M euros isn't that impressive but in 2023 there are only movies of medium or medium/high importance (at least for us), and unless surprises there won't be any huge grosser

And for comparison the Usa/Canada market should be 15/20 times bigger than us so 10M should be 150/200M, and the 45 million with which Avatar will end up is probably comparable to doing 700/900M domestic

Edited by MG10

Yesterday we had a very close top 5 thanks to Me Contro Te already burning out and the two new releases:

Me Contro Te - 71k

Babylon - 66k

The Plane - 61k

Il Primo Giorno della mia Vita - 54k

For Avatar it's the first day outside of the top 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday all the five movies previously mentioned + two special event movies (one for Anne Frank, one for Billie Eillish...) were between the 130k and the 100k euros, something very curious that I've never seen happen before

Avatar was in second position with 113k for a 42.58M total

• Like 1

8 hours ago, todos said:

Saturday

1. €377K Me Contro €3M

2. €346K Avatar €42.9M

Very well, and 342k for Il Primo Giorno in third position, honestly I didn't think there would be some interest in this film

Me Contro Te surprisingly remained in first position with just a 55% drop (in the previous film it was 70%), the total is now close to 4M euros

Avatar is third with a 35% drop for 850k euros, and a 43.3M total

From the 2 of February we'll have the re-release of Everything Everywhere etc and the new Asterix & Obelix film, I hope they both do well but Avatar might still remain in the top 3 since those aren't exactly blockbusters and its having better drops than the other movies above it

• Like 1

Interesting week for the Italian box office: in first place we have The Banshees of Inisherin which opens with 700k euros, Avatar is fourth with 470k and a 43.9M total which surpasses "Che Bella Giornata" in the all-time ranking, Asterix opens fifth with 460k (I expected better given also the presence of Ibrahimovic), while the EEAO re-release grossed only 120k euros (9 of these are mine) and the total is now 680k

• Like 1