Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

On 2/10/2023 at 10:13 AM, LPLC said:

Seems low

it was Sanremo's week, the biggest music festival in Italy and a ratings hit. the final averaged 12 million viewers and a 66% audience share, everyone and their mother was tuned in. let's see this week.

• Like 2

Titanic, now at 51M euros, will probably pass Sole a Catinelle at 52M for the third position in the official all-time chart. Don't forget however that the real data should now be 72M (with 13.8M tickets) which is higher than Avatar and Quo Vado

In the meantime Everything Everywhere All At Once is slighty outside of the top 10 and has reached a 780k euros total

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Titanic, now at 51M euros, will probably pass Sole a Catinelle at 52M for the third position in the official all-time chart. Don't forget however that the real data should now be 72M (with 13.8M tickets) which is higher than Avatar and Quo Vado

Really? Why? Very cool indeed.

1 hour ago, Mr Roark said:

Really? Why? Very cool indeed.

Yeah I copy paste what I wrote a few months ago in another thread:

"And we mustn't forget that for many years Cinetel covered only a part of the Italian theaters (I think the ones in the 50 biggest cities), and before that date it's impossible to know the box office numbers with precision. And the real number of tickets sold was revealed by Siae at the end of the year, but only for the biggest movies

However I finally managed to find the ranking of the highest grossing movies of all time in Italy that solves the problem of the low theathers coverage of Cinetel from 1994 to 2001, or from 1994 to 2009 to be even more precise, which is the following etc etc"

So all the movies from before 1994 have their gross in lire and I'm not very confidential in changing them into euros since it comes out very strange data (like the Godfather at 50 million euros in 1972?!), and from 1994 to 2001 many movies have an official gross which is only 60/70/80% of the real one, but thanks to their number of tickets sold we still can make a realistic list

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

Yesterday Ant Man was first with 625k euros in its first day, while for Avatar unfortunately it was the first day out of the top 10. If I'm not mistaken of the 12 biggest markets we are the second after Japan where this happens (Avatar dropped outside the top 10 already last week), although I'm not very knowledgeable about India so I'm not totally sure

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yesterday Ant Man was first with 625k euros in its first day, while for Avatar unfortunately it was the first day out of the top 10. If I'm not mistaken of the 12 biggest markets we are the second after Japan where this happens (Avatar dropped outside the top 10 already last week), although I'm not very knowledgeable about India so I'm not totally sure

The drop after new year holiday is disappointing and poorer than other European countries in the region. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

How is word of mouth for ant man? @MG10

I've read some of the main headlines about it and it's mostly mixed/ok/average, considering the uninteresting character it doesn't look good for the box office, but we already knew it would have grossed from 5 to 7/8 million max

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sophia Jane said:

Holly shit just tell me how many people love michael jackson in Italy?I finished my Antman 3 and going to restaurant have my dinner,everything is ok but when the restaurant show Michael Jackson’s black or white everybody just start dance,I never saw this situation in China..

Well yeah Michael Jackson is basically the most popular singer ever in 90% of the countries in the world (Italy included), but in any case what do you mean that everybody started dancing? Like some people here and there or they was organizated like a flash mob or maybe some professional dance crew? Now I'm full of questions...

Edited by MG10

53 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Well yeah Michael Jackson is basically the most popular singer ever in 90% of the countries in the world (Italy included), but in any case what do you mean that everybody started dancing? Like some people here and there or they was organizated like a flash mob or maybe some professional dance crew? Now I'm full of questions...

They all consumer here in restaurant dance when they heard MJ’s song,that’s really surprised

In China MJ probably also the most popular singer,at least eveybody even villagers and old people know his name

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

They all consumer here in restaurant dance when they heard MJ’s song,that’s really surprised

In China MJ probably also the most popular singer,at least eveybody even villagers and old people know his name

Is MJ very popular like every where in the world but in Asia and in big countries like russia / India / SK / Japan and ofc China ?

I heard that he was really popular in Japan but surely not as popular as In Europe and France 

• Like 1