Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

8 hours ago, Bruce said:

Have already arrived in Italy

Hope I will have great brand new life here!

That's good I hope you'll find yourself well, pay attention to the climate since in these days it's hot during the day and very cold during the morning and evening so it's quite easy to end up with a cold

Sorpresa Dragon Ball al box office: Super Hero debutta in testa con 213mila euro e oltre 30mila spettatori - MYmovies.it

Dragon Ball Super Hero opened with over 200k euros on its first day, in the meantime Avatar has surpassed Fantozzi and has become the 50th movie ever for number of tickets sold in Italy with 7.8 million (Film con maggiori incassi in Italia - Wikipedia)

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Avatar grossed 900k during the week for a 68.2M total, and almost 7.9M admissions. The sequel's tickets will certainly be less expensive so I don't expect it to gross over 50M, but we'll see

Dragon Ball Super Hero was second (or first in the weekend) with 860k euros and will finish with 1.2/1.3M as expected

Moonage Daydream, the film about David Bowie, grossed 400k in its 3 days of release

Minions 2 in its likely last week in top 10 grossed 200k for a 14.3M total

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's start with the good news, Ticket to Paradise with Clooney and Julia Roberts opened in first position with over 800k, while Siccità and Dante (two good Italian movies that won some awards) are still second and third and passed the million mark

Then there are Dragon Ball Super Hero which had a 70% drop and is going to finish with almost 1.5M that make it the 8th highest grossing anime film in Italy, and Minions which is still alive and after a little 10% drop has reached the 14.5M

For the bad news we unfortunately have "Everything Everywhere All at Once" which opened in 8th position with just 200k euros and the Italian comedy "Quasi Orfano" which opened 10th with only 150k, their bad result are surprising for two different reasons, the first because it's a great film unfortunately ignored and the second because it was very publicized and I certainly expected more

12 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Let's start with the good news, Ticket to Paradise with Clooney and Julia Roberts opened in first position with over 800k, while Siccità and Dante (two good Italian movies that won some awards) are still second and third and passed the million mark

Then there are Dragon Ball Super Hero which had a 70% drop and is going to finish with almost 1.5M that make it the 8th highest grossing anime film in Italy, and Minions which is still alive and after a little 10% drop has reached the 14.5M

For the bad news we unfortunately have "Everything Everywhere All at Once" which opened in 8th position with just 200k euros and the Italian comedy "Quasi Orfano" which opened 10th with only 150k, their bad result are surprising for two different reasons, the first because it's a great film unfortunately ignored and the second because it was very publicized and I certainly expected more

Not surprised about EEAAO, I was there on saturday and my show was pretty empty, unfortunate but I mean, it is 5 months late so I guess it was to be expected. Still a shame though because the film is amazing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Not surprised about EEAAO, I was there on saturday and my show was pretty empty, unfortunate but I mean, it is 5 months late so I guess it was to be expected. Still a shame though because the film is amazing.

Yeah it came out very late (why not in September for example?) and the marketing wasn't much, this week I'll try to watch it in theathers if I'll manage to find the time

2 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yeah it came out very late (why not in September for example?) and the marketing wasn't much, this week I'll try to watch it in theathers if I'll manage to find the time

I don't know, I'd have said it's due to Italy not even being interested enough to put it in theaters at all until its great run in the US, but even countries were it went straight to vod managed to get it well before us, so...hooray? I guess.

I'm just glad it came at all at this point since I genuinely thought they would skip theaters here as well for a while, definitely a film that benefits from being seen on the big screen.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

"Il Colibrì" wins the weekend with 800k euros, confirming the fact that in the last 2 years Francesco Favino is the only Italian actor able to bring some spectators to theathers (and in fact now they make him do at least 3 films a year...)

Then we have EEAAO in 10th position which grossed 100k euros (or 180k during the week) for a 370k total, I really hope it will reach the 500k in one way or another

Meawhile outside of the top 10 we can found something pretty funny, from what it seems Avatar has ended it's release with exactly 2.999 million euros (and a 68.7M total), let's see if with some scattered shows in the next days it manages to reach the 3 million...

Edited by MG10
  • Thanks 1

Additional Weekend Numbers

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - €79.918 / €1,424,380

Broker - €75,480 / €104,002

NINJA BABY - €12,630 / €15,145

Tad Stones 3 - €11,594 / €333,934

Top Gun Maverick - €3,762 / €13,049,558

Beasts Clawing At Straws - €2,518 / €105,409

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WayneBorg said:

r/boxoffice - Italy Weekend Box Office

Black Adam opened with 100k more euros than Shazam, which then ended at 3.7M. So for this film we can expect more or less 4M

Then I should mention that Il colibrì had an incredible 6% drop in the weekend, especially thaks to the really good reviews by both critics and public

In the end I add that Everything Everywhere etc has reached 480k euros, the 500k are next  🥳

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Only Avatar could  save this market this winter

Yeah, I was looking at the box office of this fall and it's a real disaster, the highest grossing release of September was Avatar with 3M, the one of October will be Black Adam with 4M and the one of November Black Panther probably with 7/8M...

So let's hope in December with Avatar, Puss in the Boots 2 etc, but last year despite expectations it was a real disaster for everyone except Spider Man

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah, I was looking at the box office of this fall and it's a real disaster, the highest grossing release of September was Avatar with 3M, the one of October will be Black Adam with 4M and the one of November Black Panther probably with 7/8M...

So let's hope in December with Avatar, Puss in the Boots 2 etc, but last year despite expectations it was a real disaster for everyone except Spider Man

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

嘿,进展如何?你在意大利的第一个月一切都好吗?

I fell very good, the building here is not that high, you know, in China, the whole city is full of tall buildings and skyscrapers, but I feel the total different  building style in Italy, the buildings in the street have a strong ‘European feeling’,like I wandering in the medieval town,which make me have a brand new felling about your culture,it’s really beautiful

people are very friendly, many people said “Ni hao” when they saw me,and the train on the street is free to the student ,which make me saving lot of money,the food price is cheaper than I thought( like 1.5 L coca cola only need €1.47,a McDonald hamburger cost €2.8 , an ice cream cost only €1 etc),the university is also so beautiful(I study in Firenze University),and is also a really safe country,I can freely go on the street even at 23:00 pm and don’t need to worry about some people hurt me.(and of course,China is also safe)

for the negataive side,I think the main aspect is that the country have poor online payment system, when you want to buy something,you have to use cash or credit card,but in China when you want to buy anything,even in the remote village you can still use Wechat to pay ,which is really convient,so I still need the time to get accustomed for using cash and the credit card (actually I have a way long time without using cash after Wechat era in China,haha)

Italy people’s English pronunciation is not good, for most of time I can’t understand what they saying when they speak English to me

Anyway,I fell really great for study here,is a beautiful and safe country!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

I fell very good, the building here is not that high, you know, in China, the whole city is full of tall buildings and skyscrapers, but I feel the total different  building style in Italy, the buildings in the street have a strong ‘European feeling’,like I wandering in the medieval town,which make me have a brand new felling about your culture,it’s really beautiful

people are very friendly, many people said “Ni hao” when they saw me,and the train on the street is free to the student ,which make me saving lot of money,the food price is cheaper than I thought( like 1.5 L coca cola only need €1.47,a McDonald hamburger cost €2.8 , an ice cream cost only €1 etc),the university is also so beautiful(I study in Firenze University),and is also a really safe country,I can freely go on the street even at 23:00 pm and don’t need to worry about some people hurt me.(and of course,China is also safe)

for the negataive side,I think the main aspect is that the country have poor online payment system, when you want to buy something,you have to use cash or credit card,but in China when you want to buy anything,even in the remote village you can still use Wechat to pay ,which is really convient,so I still need the time to get accustomed for using cash and the credit card (actually I have a way long time without using cash after Wechat era in China,haha)

Italy people’s English pronunciation is not good, for most of time I can’t understand what they saying when they speak English to me

Anyway,I fell really great for study here,is a beautiful and safe country!

Ah yeah Firenze is definitely one of the best choices, better than most Italian cities in many aspects. And among the 10 biggest cities it's probably the safest one together with Bologna and Genova, in my experience I know that for people from East Asia this is really important since all their countries are very safe

While for electronic payments we are definitely behind China, Sweden and many other countries, the last government managed to push something forward but lasted less than two years and the current one is already trying to discourage traceable payments to facilitate evasion...

Anyway, I hope you will continue to find yourself well!  👍🏼

Edited by MG10