Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

So thor can beat DS2 here. 

Honestly I'm pretty sure it won't, even if it did 50% more than Ragnarok it would still be less than Multiverse of Madness so it seems very difficult to me

• Like 1

Thor L:T made € 821.8k on Friday, A meh hold, even DS2 managed to jump 30% on Friday.  In fact it drop from Thursday. It just way too sunny now and that is bad for box office. As of now, €3.13m total.  

Elvis: €49k

TGM: €39.6k

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, fabiopazzo2 said:

MCU saturday numbers

No Way Home: € 2.7M€
Endgame: € 2
.683M€ 

AoU: € 2.495.70
Doctor Strange MoM: € 2.254M€

Infinity War: € 1.7M€
The Avengers:€ 1.64M€

T: L&T - €942K / €4.07M

Others - Elvis (€77K/€1.96M), TGM (€64K/€10.88M) &JWD (€41K/€7.39M)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thor 4 opened with a surprisingly good 4.9 million euros (but the opening day was Wednesday instead of Thursday), the film however is so bad it may not even make it to 10 million... At least it should gross more than the 8.8 million of Ragnarok

Elvis has passed the 2M and is already above Rocketman, Bohemian Rhapsody on the other hand was completely another thing with its 29M gross

Little update on Jurassic World that won't even reach 8M despite the return of the original cast, in an old and nostalgic country like Italy this can only be defined as a complete failure (and looking back at my 15M forecast I don't know whether to laugh or cry...)

• Like 1

After 4.9M euros in the first week Thor grossed 2.7M in the second one (but only 1.3 in the weekend), for a 7.6M total

Elvis and Top Gun Maverick continue to have good drops of just 20/30%, but I still remain of the idea that the two could have done more

In fourth position the re-release of Princess Mononoke made less than 100k, the interest was evidently less than for Spirited Away

• Like 4

On 7/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, titanic2187 said:

What a dreadful season for Italy box office. TGM is managed to stay at number 2 after 9 weeks but only with €28.6k gross (flat from last week) on Friday 22th July. Thor 4 at number 1 at €134.6k (-54% w-o-w).  

Yeah, it isn't just due to the hottest summer ever (yet), but also that due to the pandemic our already underperforming box office has become simply ridiculous, at this point instead of communicating the weekend's gross I say instead the one of the entire week to make it look slightly better...

In this regard, Thor grossed 1.2M during the week and reaches 8.8M total, Top Gun made 230k, down by less than 5% compared to last week, and Princess Mononoke re-release reaches 180k for a over 500k total

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, Gru said:

L'anteprima di Minions 2 scalza Thor: il box office di lunedì 8 agosto (screenweek.it)

Minions 2 claim the top spot on Monday !

1. Minions 2  €566.867  (79.677adm) / €566.882

2. Thor 4  €41.293  (5.867adm) / €9.940.686

3. TGM  €23.436  (3.171adm) / €11.874.091

What a weird day to open a movie. Anyway,€492k second day. €964k in total. 

• Like 1

Seems like there's a three day preview in Italy, Minions 2 has gross €1.52M to date. Hope the opening weekend won't be weakened due to that long preview, anyway.😃

Edited by Gru
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:59 PM, jma22 said:

Italy NEEDS Minions  i mean needs any release cmon, this is the worst summer in Italy box office history.

Last weekend top 20:  850k €

Yeah our summer box office is so poor, especially in the last couple of years, that the nearby theater closed for three weeks sending all the employees on holiday as it would have grossed almost nothing and if it stayed open it probably would have lost money...

Still waiting for the Minions and Bullet Train, Nope opened in first position with just 320k euros

Those are the weekly results of the other relevant movies:

- Love and Thunder with 300k passed the 10 million and, unfortunately, also The Batman

- Top Gun remained flat grossing over 200k and has now passed the 12M

- Howl Moving Castle re-release grossed 150k for a 800k total over the years

- Small drop and 120k for Elvis now very close to 3M

- For Jurassic World 80k, quite close to the 8M

- Lightyear is out of the top 10 with less than 3M...

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2

Minion 2 opening day € 1,522,427

That is a huge start right? Including preview that is € 3,058,972. Also, I realised there some week-to-week gain from all holdovers, is there a holiday currently underway in Italy? 

Edited by Borobudur
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Minion 2 opening day € 1,522,427

That is a huge start right? Including preview that is € 3,058,972. Also, I realised there some week-to-week gain from all holdovers, is there a holiday currently underway in Italy? 

Not really, it's just that many theathers were closed the first two weeks of the month since the box office is basically dead during July and August

While for Minions that's good and I'm expecting a lot from them, Minions and Despicable Me 3 grossed 24M and 18M so this will probably make 15M and more

9 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

The Title of The Thread is misleading ---

I hope for a speedy correction 

Yeah many titles should be updated, Philippines's one is still about Avengers Endgame...

Minions opened with 4.4M and 6M including previews, passing Doctor Strange at 13.7M as the second gross of the pandemic is probably locked and reaching the 15 million is possible

With the reopening of many cinemas all the films in the top 10 have grossed more than the previous week, with some interesting milestones such as Thor 4 surpassing the total gross of Captain Marvel and Batman v Superman, and Howl Moving Castle surpassing the 1 million total over the years

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

Since Top Gun has just surpassed the 3 months in theaters, this is the updated list of the highest grossing Tom Cruise movies in Italy:

1) The Last Samurai - 18.1M

2) War of the Worlds - 13.2M

3) Top Gun Maverick - 13.1M

4) Rain Man - 10/10.5M

5) Minority Report - 10.3M

6) Top Gun - about 10M

7) Eyes Wide Shut - 9.7M

8)Vanilla Sky 7.8M

9) Mission Impossible - 7.2M

10) Collateral - 6.9M

11) Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - 5.9M

12) Mission Impossible III - 5.7M