Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

On 12/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, omark said:

Out of curiosity I read the last 6 reviews, the ones with the lowest score, and these are the results:

- Movieplayer is a popular site and has been ridiculed by the users because 7.5 is too low considering some of their past reviews

- Cinematographe is decently known and usually prefer arthouse films with better scenography rather than special effects

- Gamesurf, Filmpost and Eroica Felice aren't very famous, so no problems

- Mymovies is very popular but usually their scores are quite low so a 3.5 is nothing too worrying, I can't even remember the last time they gave 4 stars or more

In any case according to Coming Soon (https://www.comingsoon.it/film/avatar-2-la-via-dell-acqua/58179/scheda/) Avatar was released today in over 1200 screens, higher than the first movie and slightly higher than No Way Home, to find a better result we can only take Tolo Tolo (2020) or some other Zalone's movie (Quo Vado for example has the record with 1500)

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Damn Firenze don’t have English dubbed Avatar?

In theory outside of Milan and Rome there are the theathers of the UCI chain that usually have some films in their original language, to have a list of their english schedule this is the link: UCI - Film in english (ucicinemas.it) (in Florence there are two UCI but for the moment nothing in english)

Edited by MG10

27 minutes ago, MG10 said:

In theory outside of Milan and Rome there are the theathers of the UCI chain that usually have some films in their original language, to have a list of their english schedule this is the link: UCI - Film in english (ucicinemas.it) (in Florence there are two UCI but for the moment nothing in english)

I finally find the cinema in English but is 2D,never mind I’ll watch it again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

€1,454,100 / 165.210 admits!

6 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

how does that compare to other big movies recently? Also how is audience wom?

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Not even beat Minions 2 OD,I don’t think is good

Idk the Italian market too much, but if it's like SK for instance, final total will probably be 22-25x OD? So maybe $33-37M USD?

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

@MG10, Where are you? We need clarification.. when did the 1st show started in Italy - Full OD / Evg Shows?

It was a regular day opening.

Somewhat surprised this came in (slightly) below DS2 so I'm guessing my area is an overperformer for the film as this feels very strong to me, though WC should have weakened its evening shows I guess.

Minions comparison makes little sense as that opened in august with families off and all. In fact sat+sun only came in approx = OD for minions.

Expecting both sat and sun (with a ? on sunday because not really sure what impact WC will have) to be well ahead of OD so still on track for biggest opening of the year imho but we'll see I guess.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bruce said:

This OD is far lower than I expected,now we should really think some situation that Avatar won’t doing good worldwide

Yeah, that's not good, but it's Christmas, people are going to the mall, the kids are at school. let's see the numbers of the weekend which will be very high in my opinion