AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thats quite the silly comparison. We are talking about a specific scene in a film that hasn't been shown in the trailers or ads versus talking about main characters of a film that were going to be revealed in the trailer. 

Because they can't show it. :lol:

17 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

So at the time Frozen's initial teaser came out, would it have been a spoiler to say that Anna and Elsa are the main characters?

Don't be flippant. That's not the same thing at all.

• Like 3

Moderation:

Guys, our policy is very clear. If it's not in marketing materials, then spoiler-tag any discussion of it. We're not saying you can't talk about it, but spoiler-tag it. I don't care why the filmmakers choose not to reveal something (whether it's because it's too dirty, or they want to keep things a surprise, or what), but you simply can't assume that everyone who participates in the thread is going to be reading all interviews and watching all behind-the-scenes material, or reading leaked scripts, or whatever.

I also had no idea this particular scene existed. Now that I know, it's not a huge surprise -- it's the sort of thing that would typically appear in a movie like this -- but still, knowing about it robs me (or any other casual viewer) of surprise when it happens on screen.

Please be respectful of your fellow posters by realizing that some -- and even many -- people wish to go into a movie without knowing much at all about it, other than maybe seeing a trailer or two.

• Like 6

As an example, in terms of a very high profile movie: If, before TFA came out, someone mentioned that there was a lightsaber duel with Kylo Ren and Rey, that would be a spoiler. Would it be a huge surprise that there's a lightsaber duel in a SW movie? No. But nonetheless, mentioning this specific duel would be a spoiler.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I might be doing a double feature of this and Florence Foster Jenkins this weekend. :rofl:

See Florence Foster Jenkins first.

not that I've seen it or anything but I'm not a Meryl Streep type of guy, but to save you from the torture later on.