AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

Spectre was just 730k away from 200m when it had a comparable weekend (170k from 217 theaters vs SP's 185k in 230 theaters). Doing an expansion is nice, but it's still gonna have to make at least $1m over the weekend to make sure it'll crawl to 100. Well, either way it'll be fun to watch.

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Spectre was just 730k away from 200m when it had a comparable weekend (170k from 217 theaters vs SP's 185k in 230 theaters). Doing an expansion is nice, but it's still gonna have to make at least $1m over the weekend to make sure it'll crawl to 100. Well, either way it'll be fun to watch.

Yeah, they aren't Spectre-ing this, they're This Is The End-ing it.

This Is The End was at $96.7m after a $45k weekend

Sausage Party is at $96.7m after a $185k weekend

I don't know if it'll get a 2100 theatre increase, but we shall see.

5 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It needs $3.25m to reach $100m and they are absolutely going to Spectre this.  I think might be 800+ theaters and tying this in with stuff like national taco day.  

9 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, they aren't Spectre-ing this, they're This Is The End-ing it.

This Is The End was at $96.7m after a $45k weekend

Sausage Party is at $96.7m after a $185k weekend

I don't know if it'll get a 2100 theatre increase, but we shall see.

Oh man this is going to be good.

• Like 1

I just got an email from Cineplex offering free popcorn with the purchase of a ticket for Sausage Party "for a limited time only". I'll admit I am tempted to buy a ticket for SP for the free popcorn, but then see a different movie with the ticket.:ph34r: The only flaw in my plan is there isn't anything out this weekend I'm even remotely interested in seeing, I'd rather see SP for a 4th time than see any of this weeks openers.

54 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I just got an email from Cineplex offering free popcorn with the purchase of a ticket for Sausage Party "for a limited time only". I'll admit I am tempted to buy a ticket for SP for the free popcorn, but then see a different movie with the ticket.:ph34r: The only flaw in my plan is there isn't anything out this weekend I'm even remotely interested in seeing, I'd rather see SP for a 4th time than see any of this weeks openers.

I'm pretty sure that is what Sony's counting on.  It is a quiet month.