AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Pretty fucking hilarious. Story was actually pretty good. And it's way smarter than it has any right to be. That one scene is all it's cracked up to be as well.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

How filled was your theater?

Edited by ThatOneSausage

27 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Pretty fucking hilarious. Story was actually pretty good. And it's way smarter than it has any right to be. That one scene is all it's cracked up to be as well.

"...than it has any right to be"

Why do people keep on saying that? It sounds like a backhanded compliment to me, and it's always said about animated features than anything else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I imagine females think that big hot dog guy is kind of cute.

I was just wondering to what extent it skewed male. If it is pretty much ruled out as a date movie, for example, that would impact box office.  Also, I've read here a few times that films that skew male are bigger (relatively) on Thurs/Fri and do less business (relatively) on Sat/Sun. 

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

Did you notice a rough percentage of females in the audience?

Like 40%? A lot of young couples. But mostly guys. Not a crazy high percentage though.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

"...than it has any right to be"

Why do people keep on saying that? It sounds like a backhanded compliment to me, and it's always said about animated features than anything else.

Well, it's still pretty stupid. I think it's said mostly about crude R-rated comedies. I was legit surprised it actually had something important to say though. I didn't read the reviews but the story is very solid and very timely (one could say it's message is eternal).

The ending is really fucking stupid though. Easily the worst part of the movie.

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

This movie is going to make a killing. It's doing so well in pre sales and it's fucking hilarious! The WOM on this thing is going to be great. The whole theater was cracking up. 

Posted this in another thread as well just now:

So I live in Fishers, IN.  I track a few theaters around me currently, but one that I track repeatedly is the Regal on 96th.  We run a little hotter than the nationwide average.

Sausage Party I would say has a good shot at $3M tonight.  It did 88.5% of the Conjuring's sales here.  It did 90% more than Neighbors 2.

I really like the Neighbors 2 comparison because the demo is near the same.  School was in here when N2 opened, school is back in here tonight as well.  They also both had 7:15pm showings.

I'd be quite shocked if the midnight comes in under $2.75M. 

• Like 1