Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Maybe we could add an all-encompassing rule that, if a film has not yet started production, there must have been an article about said film from ERC, Variety, THR, ScreenDaily, The Wrap, Deadline, or Comingsoon.net in the last month for people to bump its thread (which would be linked to in the first post as proof).

Of course, this tangentially-related piece would still make this thread fair game

http://deadline.com/2015/01/giant-studios-closing-avatar-technology-james-cameron-1201348672/

You know how many movie threads that would have an effect on?

Wouldn't matter still have your BKB types coming in with news or no news.

Edited by Neo

You know how many movie threads that would have an effect on?

Honestly, no clue. BKB types can be more easily ignored if they're just one voice in a bigger conversation, but when they give you false hope for a far off project by bumping its thread for no reason, they become maddeningly annoying. Unfortunately we don't yet have the capability of ignoring a person's posting times so you wouldn't see a thread on the first page that was bumped only by them.

Edited by tribefan695

Honestly, no clue. BKB types can be more easily ignored if they're just one voice in a bigger conversation, but when they give you false hope for a far off project by bumping its thread for no reason, they become maddeningly annoying. Unfortunately we don't yet have the capability of ignoring a person's posting times so you wouldn't see a thread on the first page that was bumped only by them.

You know news is posted, but like always this community rather post pics of Evans and Pratt at a Super Bowl party, so talk to the rest of the people here if that bothers you. So its not a random bump (BKB) there is news but the same names come up that talk all this nonsense. So til that is figured out how not to happen, it will continue to happen.

Yes, again, it really can't be helped right now in this movie's case, but in another week if there hasn't been any real news, this thread ought to be locked.

Then we should lock 90% of the threads then not just this one.

• Like 1

Then we should lock 90% of the threads then not just this one.

Only if they're being unnecessarily bumped. It's honestly pretty rare for a movie to get this much attention before it's started filming, and if it does there's usually quite a bit of fanwank news to tide people over.

Only if they're being unnecessarily bumped. It's honestly pretty rare for a movie to get this much attention before it's started filming, and if it does there's usually quite a bit of fanwank news to tide people over.

There are other that have been unnecessarily bumped not this one, where is your arguments on those?

Yeah, in case it was unclear, I was joking earlier.

A movie like this with a long gestation time... digressions and reiterations of the same arguments can't be helped. It happened with SW, it happened with BVS, it's happening here. And, really, news is starting to happen on this. I just think it's funny that we really have had the same argument for hundreds of pages, and it's going to be impossible to determine who's correct until the movie actually comes out.

• Like 2

A movie like this with a long gestation time... digressions and reiterations of the same arguments can't be helped. It happened with SW, it happened with BVS, it's happening here. And, really, news is starting to happen on this. I just think it's funny that we really have had the same argument for hundreds of pages, and it's going to be impossible to determine who's correct until the movie actually comes out.

Look what you started.

No, it's a great idea. Honestly, I'm not sure why this was even allowed in the Derby thread so far from its first supposed release. I'm sure if I were real interested in any kind of Star Wars or BvS news, I'd have felt the same way about them.

Edited by tribefan695

Can't wait till casting goes underway. Finally some real news!

Meh, new faces will just be small supporting characters given that they've got all the main cast back for the sequels.

Though I hope Stephen Lang's character is more a side-villain.. if these sequels are just 3x Na'vi vs Mr. Commando then it's gonna get old real fast.

Meh, new faces will just be small supporting characters given that they've got all the main cast back for the sequels.

My point was, when this goes out of preproduction we'll finally have real news.

I'm still not sure about Lang returning. It sounds so stupid on paper. 

No, it's a great idea. Honestly, I'm not sure why this was even allowed in the Derby thread so far from its first supposed release. I'm sure if I were real interested in any kind of Star Wars or BvS news, I'd have felt the same way about them.

In theory, it *had* a release date... then the date got pushed.