Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Hmm... as far as i know that's not true. Maybe you mix it up with 60fps per eye, which is 120fps total.

I did a little search and found this article. Interesting also, didn't know that, Ang Lee's next movie will be shot in 120fps.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/cinemacon-projector-makers-talking-as-790939

You're right, I was just referring to a projectors ability to do 120fps. From a Trumbull interview:

the projectors we have out in the industry all over the world are operating at 144 frames per second, so there’s no limitation to frame rate in theatres.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/31782/douglas-trumbull-interview-2001-silent-running-the-future-of-cinema

If you wanted to that do in 3D, you'd use two projectors... but IMAX theaters, for example, are already using two-projector systems to get around the resolution issue. So if you made a 120fps 3D movie, in theory, it'd play at that full rate for any theater that had the capability to do so (IMAXs and perhaps some others), and could step down to 60fps 3D (or 120fps 2D) for those that only had a single projector.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

The biggest cineplex where I live has 4-D theaters already. Moving seats, strobe lights, water/steam jets, bubble/smoke machine, etc. Pricey but a real memorable experience. I think it won't be long until they become more popular in North America. 

We're  going to do it kp.  Go with your feelings and focus on celebrating.  I feel it might be bigger than even I and other fans can imagine.  The water and action and beautiful sequences should make us go bat guano crazy if jc pulls off 120 fps with 4k and his usually far expanded spectacular storytelling. We might break the Dec ow record

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

But Kal is usually right when it comes to big movies.  And flawless in bets involving James cameron

Yes but to be fair Kal, you have like 15 years between JC efforts to perfect those predictions. :P

Now if you can perfectly predict all the MCU releases, then I'll be really impressed. ;)

42 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Kal is Smeagol and Avatar is the precious.  Kal hates and loves the Avatar as he hates and loves himself.  The pity of the mods is what stays their hand.

Nope tele, and some of the mods are my friends as is the owner.  We fight but we got each other back.  I'm no longer spouting insults when we disagree.  Baumerfett still the same.  Mores the pity.  Hits television on the head for grumbling at me today.  Lol.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Teles post the link to donate via PayPal so I can contribute here and there guy.  Kayom our brother just kicked my ass about donating. And i need to support our bom family main home. 

If you want to get a paid account (more likes, name change, other perks), you can do that here. They renew monthly but you can cancel at any time:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store/

If you just want to donate without any perks, you can do it here:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/clients/donations/

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

If you want to get a paid account (more likes, name change, other perks), you can do that here. They renew monthly but you can cancel at any time:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store/

If you just want to donate without any perks, you can do it here:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/clients/donations/

Thanks bud

2 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Okay, Kal, proof is in the pudding. Here are both our predictions, taken from your own summary (from your prediction game):

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/582-godzilla-now-in-theaters-sequel-has-been-greenlight-no-spoilers-wb-has-rights-to-sequels/?page=529#comment-1405826

Here is yours:

"350M, OW 110M, 610M OS -- 960M WW"

Here is mine:

"78 OW, 225 domestic, 650m WW"

So who was closer, big guy? You tell me.

lol like Kal will even respond to this...he only likes to lie and make up bullshit about everyone, but ignores the truth and anything that anyone says that makes sense. His next post will probably have lies and bullshit about how I said TFA would do $180m second weekend (I never said that anywhere) or some lie about Baumer, etc.

Seriously mods, just ban him already. He's a troll, lies, makes shit up, insults people and too many times contributes nothing of value to the boards.  He can't control himself regarding Avatar and no one like posting in this Avatar 2 thread because of him. It's why like half of all posts are Kals and many times it's just multiple Kal posts in a row.  I know this because when he's blocked there's a lot of blank spaces in this thread lol

3 more years of Kal in this thread...good lord help us all.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

How does this thread grow 5 pages longer during a night?:ph34r:

This trailer is perfect to show the power of James and avtr2  in comparison to all the rest. 

Lol tele you had a lower ow than that for Godzilla  . Why are you using  your updated predicts lol.  Over predicted Godzilla domestically.  Ow was close though.  Ftf you of all people shouldn't talk about lying on forums  to serve an agenda.  I had to pull up my boots on many a night to Wade through  your bs. 

Telescope I got you on Alvin 1. Iron Man one is another.  What was your early prediction  on Godzilla.  If you adjusted it multiple times as the hype Rose.  Isn't that cheating my friend.  Post your predict for Avatar 2 and don't  change it.  So think carefully television buddy.  And I will post mine.  Let's see who's  closer ??

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

This trailer is perfect to show the power of James and avtr2  in comparison to all the rest. 

Lol tele you had a lower ow than that for Godzilla  . Why are you using  your updated predicts lol.  Over predicted Godzilla domestically.  Ow was close though.  

Telescope I got you on Alvin 1. Iron Man one is another.  What was your early prediction  on Godzilla.  If you adjusted it multiple times as the hype Rose.  Isn't that cheating my friend. 

My original prediction, ironically, was even closer: 206m. (My OW was a couple million lower, though).

I never predicted ALVIN or IRON MAN -- wasn't interested enough in either to do it. To be honest, though, I would've under-predicted IRON MAN.

• Like 1