Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, Empire said:

Avatar 2 won't even make as much as the first domestically. No way it tops TFA DOM BO. 

Lol like tele told bkb empire.  Terminator to T2, Titanic to avatar.  Your kidding right avatar was in far less theaters and had big movies hitting and snow storms no 40 yrs of fans.  Avatar2 is the biggest selling br and biggest job seller since finding Nemo. 

News flash if even, 70% of Cameron fans show domestic record is gone.  Sws has limited range,   Cameron fans span 5 to 90 plus.  No way to guage how big it's maximum domestic will be.  Your being a fanboy.  Cameron's past track record says it's very likely as domestic is gone to second place. 

Predicts for avatar 2 150-260 plus owned with a 5-9x multiplier 

.  Courts adjourned empire.  Means the sequel could hit 830 to way over 1.3b domestic. So becareful with the no way talk.  James can do anything.  Blue cat people held the record for 8 years.  And holds the most important record till Avatar 2.  He will be the first to hit 1.09 to 1.2b domestic or more.  I feel the movie is going to go light years beyond Avatar.  Just wait 

26 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Can't wait. Cameron has never let me down.

Just wait war buddy.  Lotr 3 we numbers domestic potentially and an improvement over daddy Avatar's 2b plus  in the Os market by 800m to 1b plus. Really  I just want the sequel to make the entire run of Avatar in the foreign market alone.   Can you imagine if Avatar2 goes to  3.6b to 4b ww bud.  Holy home tree batman.  When we break avengers with the Trinity and jla films.  Then the fall of the domestic crown to juggernaut 2017, this maybe too much for bkb and jealous of Cameron success sws fbs minds to take. 

He's working on enhancing the sound experience even further than Avatar as well. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Cameron multipliers are the stuff of jaw dropping legend- To with... Titanic 20+x, terminator 2 6.8x, avatar 9.8!. Just where  will the multi land for juggernaut 2? Imagine a 170-250m ow with at least 6-8 multi. Food for thougjt

Sadly I predict Avatar 2 having an extremely low Jim multiplier of 4x in USA and Canada.

Due to everyone seeing to 2-3 times already and it grossing 400m on the opening weekend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Please stop using me to prop up your arguments, because I don't agree with any of the crazy scale you're claiming. ;)

Of course not but you want sws to hold onto the domestic for a longtime.  You and I know it won't if the Cameron Legions have anything to say about it.  Search your feelings my ipaddione tele. You know 1.09b domestic and 2.8 b overseas or more is to be true.  Come with me tele and we rule the Pandora galaxy with Cameron and his daughters and sons.  Lol tele it is the only way!??

Edited by Kalel009Shel

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

Of course not but you want say to hold onto the domestic for a longtime.  You and I know it won't if the Cameron Legions have anything to say about it.  Search your feelings my paddione tele. You know 1b domestic and 2.8b is is to be true.  Come with me tele and we rule Pandora as Cameron and his sons.  Lol

LOL is right. :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sadly I predict Avatar 2 having an extremely low Jim multiplier of 4x in USA and Canada.

Due to everyone seeing to 2-3 times already and it grossing 400m on the opening weekend.

Not sure a 3hr movie can pull that.  But 170-270m ow definitely doable

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Not sure a 3hr movie can pull that.  But 170-270m ow definitely doable

That's a very specific range. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

Edited by In the Heart of the Tree
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

lol tele and buds avatar 2 range 140-270 ow 1.2b-1.8b dom and 3-5b WW holy shi:o those legendary camron multis

Why are you saying "Holy shit :o " to your own predictions?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

JAMES. CAMERON.

You can reasonably expect that the film will be well crafted and as close to technically perfect as possible. That's about it this far out.

You can't make any reasonable arguments about the box office potential. This is true for pretty much any movie coming out after this summer. The people saying Rogue One is going to do $500m are talking out of their asses. You guys who are saying Avatar 2 is going to break a billion are doing the same. 

• Like 3