Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I know what you mean when you mention those scenes...and yes, I agree...I'd like to see something insanely thrilling like the T2 and Aliens moments you are referencing. I'd certainly love to have a peek at the underwater footage (which I anticipate will be incredibly gorgeous), and I would also love to have a little taste of a new villain. I've been saying for the longest time that I would love to see a female villain this time. Who knows, maybe Eywa herself will somehow turn against the Na'vi. Can you imagine the fucking chaos that would be?

This franchise could do with a more layered villain like Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke. A fiercely protective leader who only wants the best for her people and their continued survival and is a decent person at heart. Even if she is willing to sacrifice the Navi and Eywa's trees for the welfare of her people.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

I think many people will go into the movie hating it. They won't give it a chance. They're too edgy and cool.

The fact that the internet haters even left their rooms to go see it would be a great thing. Things guys have nothing better to do then rip on a film they actually enjoyed because they're cool by doing it.

The internet talked shit about Avatar and Titanic before they were released and look at the effect that had on the box office. Who knows maybe they would have made 22 trillion each if the internet didn't hate those films.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The fact that the internet haters even left their rooms to go see it would be a great thing. Things guys have nothing better to do then rip on a film they actually enjoyed because they're cool by doing it.

The internet talked shit about Avatar and Titanic before they were released and look at the effect that had on the box office. Who knows maybe they would have made 22 trillion each if the internet didn't hate those films.

Yep many who argued for years with me that avatar can't beat titanic and designs look like its going to be steaming pile.  They were the ones like bkb and others who ending up eating a big pile of Cameron bat guano 

. Lol

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

First of all, he was skewered by two gigantic arrows that Neytiri shot at him. So, no. Let's keep him dead. Secondly, my wanting a female villain (preferably a Navi herself) has nothing to do with  "going all politically correct"; it's just something I want because I feel that it would be an interesting development. God, this whole "let's only write white male characters because otherwise, it means that it's an automatically PC move" thing is ridiculous...

Though Im glad quaddriyz is coming back. I agree let's shine some light on a new villain as well and it would definitely be cool if the villain was female and an actress that's of colour.  Well said.  I'm still rooting that the rumours of Michelle Rodriguez seen on the avatar 2 sets are true.  And nice production has started. 

Is Trudy back? ??

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

We have a director and a release date, and production is about to start.

Also Michelle Rodriguez is rumoured to be seen on some set location with some of the cast.  Production has started.  I hope Michelle is back.... Cheers if you love Trudy.  She's a bad mother.......  Shut your mouth!  Lol

20 hours ago, Telemachos said:

It's a few million swinging in either direction, Kal. Not literally double the OW. The storm didn't hit until Saturday, and while it affected the east coast, it didn't affect the entire country.

New York has 20 plus million people all who represent a huge percentage of ticket sales.  Then you have NJ,  PA,  Ohio.  That's alot of tickets.  It would also explain the out of this world avatar holds somewhat tele.

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

tbf, that happened to some degree with the first movie too.

Tele you have to stop thinking sws and HP and internet loonies represent the general population.  Avatar was on so many polls as people's favorite film.  Oh did you look at the 50 million strong fbfanpage.  Lol and there's a bigger one out there as well.  

The percent of people who hate avatar is like 1%. Who cares.  They are on counts.  It's that Cameron die hard science fiction and great movie seeking ga share is what matters  most. Bottomline  In the real world no large mass of people hated Avatar.  And when it destroys your  first early prediction of 120m ow. Tele you must write a 100 times Cameron is a god amongst mere mortal filmmakers.  And crazy  kal and all the pandorians should never be doubted again ??

12 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Also Michelle Rodriguez is rumoured to be seen on some set location with some of the cast.  Production has started.  I hope Michelle is back.... Cheers if you love Trudy.  She's a bad mother.......  Shut your mouth!  Lol

Do you have a link? The latest news was sometime in January.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lilmac said:

I'd be surprised if actual filming started this year. Shocked. 

Sets have been seen Lil mac.  Your a Lil late.  So production might have really started in 2015. Gd play by Cameron to send misdirection to nosy media and help keep things secret. 

I suggest you join the popular mega avatar fb page

14 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Sets have been seen Lil mac.  Your a Lil late.  So production might have really started in 2015. Gd play by Cameron to send misdirection to nosy media and help keep things secret. 

I suggest you join the popular mega avatar fb page

You are just making crap up. None of this is true. Unless you have some sources to back your statements. If you do, post a link.