Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 1/1/2015 at 9:51 PM, RaidensSword said:

Yeah, I always remember his voice saying some of those lines like "You crossed the line!". Wish he had more bad ass roles like that.

He has many great lines. Watch him in the oscar caliber western Tombstone. Val Kilmer deserved an oscar for doc holiday. Lang is so good in it, that you almost dont recognize him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

@Kalel009Shel, we still don't have confirmation of that. But I really, really hope they start shooting this April.

Oh damn lol.. I feel the rumours are true that production has started and hes in top secret mode like with avatar and all the code names he used kayom buddy. That way folks arent in his business too much when he is busy expanding the avatar universe compadre. How are you and the family kay. ?

11 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Oh damn lol.. I feel the rumours are true that production has started and hes in top secret mode like with avatar and all the code names he used kayom buddy. That way folks arent in his business too much when he is busy expanding the avatar universe compadre. How are you and the family kay. ?

Their target start is April according to the article. I wish they had already started but that doesn't seem to be the case.

No more parents @Kalel009Shel, but I am great. Happy Easter.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2016 at 4:43 AM, kayumanggi said:

Their target start is April according to the article. I wish they had already started but that doesn't seem to be the case.

No more parents @Kalel009Shel, but I am great. Happy Easter.

Yikes kayom is all ok?  No more parents good buddy ?.  Happy holidays to you too..  After i researched easter and saw the evil its been about. I dont celebrate it anymore, but a blessed holiday to you too my friend

• Like 1

I'm hyped, hope we get some real news about the Avatar sequels soon.

james-cameron-avatar-3d-camera.jpg

Avatar 2 will meet all high energy expectations and destroy the low energy ones. It will be absolutely incredible, simply fantastic.

The internet trolls say that they no one will go see the second one because it won't have the "3D gimmick" that it did in the first. I don't know if they're being going to the cinema in the last 7 years but there hasn't been a film that uses 3D as well as Avatar except Gravity. I guarantee most of the audience have never felt what they felt watching Avatar in those 7 years. The pure Kino immersion, a quick drive to the local cinema and you were lightyears away.

The thing is the movie will have to deliver one big visual spectacle again, no one is going to see the sequel because of the drama/story.  James keeps delaying and delaying the release date which means something is off with the start of the production.

1 minute ago, Belakor said:

The thing is the movie will have to deliver one big visual spectacle again, no one is going to see the sequel because of the drama/story.  James keeps delaying and delaying the release date which means something is off with the start of the production.

They're all important. The spectacle is what they will sell it with but the story will be what makes people stay. And better to delay it than start it with an unpolished script.

12 minutes ago, Belakor said:

And it will b the biggest visual spectacle of all time, overwhelming it's predecessor the original James Cameron Avatar.

Jim is a busy man who works on his own schedule.

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

The thing is the movie will have to deliver one big visual spectacle again, no one is going to see the sequel because of the drama/story.  

"No one"?

You are wrong, because this person here is 100 % emotionally invested in the story of Jake and Neytiri and how it progresses, so there.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

And it will b the biggest visual spectacle of all time, overwhelming it's predecessor the original James Cameron Avatar.

Jim is a busy man who works on his own schedule.

I loved the first film's visual splendor, but the reason I saw the film 6 times was because I was swept away by the romance between Jake and Neytiri and by the plight of the Nav'i. I am fine with shiny colors, but Cameron needs to captivate audiences with the story, like he did with the first film, if he wants gigantic grosses again.

Detractors love claiming that the story was crap, when in reality, its simplicity and its clearly delineated beats, as well as its universality is exactly what made audiences fall in love with the film. You don't make 10 times your opening with just shiny colors. That just does not happen.

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I loved the first film's visual splendor, but the reason I saw the film 6 times was because I was swept away by the romance between Jake and Neytiri and by the plight of the Nav'i. I am fine with shiny colors, but Cameron needs to captivate audiences with the story, like he did with the first film, if he wants gigantic grosses again.

Detractors love claiming that the story was crap, when in reality, its simplicity and its clearly delineated beats, as well as its universality is exactly what made audiences fall in love with the film. You don't make 10 times your opening with just shiny colors. That just does not happen.

You're preaching to the choir!

Jim has prepared some fantastic scripts for the trilogy, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

Pre-production is underway 

Turning out to support New Zealand movie 'The Dark Horse' at its L.A. premiere, director James Cameron said that pre-production has started on 'Avatar 2' - but refused to reveal any more details.

"Well We do performance capture work. You have to think of it more like an animated film, so it's not really shooting per se. It's a lot of performance capture work, so yeah, we're getting into that... It's top secret. Remember The Manhattan Project, did they talk about that? No."

• Like 1