Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Aristis said:

I left the theatre 2 hours ago but still don't really know how to feel about the movie. I saw it in HFR 3D opposed to variable FR, as I thought it would be, and I literally needed until the last 15 minutes or so to get used to it. I don't know if I did something wrong or the cinema did, or if HFR just isn't for me, but that truly hurt my cinema experience... I don't think it'd be fair to rate the movie in this state - but at least I might be one of them who rewatch and if only to see how good it *really* is (the effects seemed strangely bad sometimes with HFR as seemed the flow of movement, and just in the end (and in very still close-up moments) I really saw how good they were).

The final act was great, though, even with things being rough for me so that convinced me that the movie might deserve the rewatch and a rethink :ph34r:

Not a spoiler in that sense, I think, but still:

Reveal hidden contents

HFR in this is VFR so its either the HFR screenings with some scenes switching to 48 fps or the screenings with 24fps everywhere. Did you see it Imax or regular screen ?

4 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

HFR in this is VFR so its either the HFR screenings with some scenes switching to 48 fps or the screenings with 24fps everywhere. Did you see it Imax or regular screen ?

That's strange cause it seemed for most of the time like being in 48fps... Regular. 

1 hour ago, Mr Roark said:

It depends on the expectations you have.

But generally speaking, people should’ve learned this one rule in life: never underestimate James Cameron.

I'm still feeling a 160up OW I'm pretty sure that's Not a disappointment.

Since this will.have 6-7x multiplier or better.

Sorry Brother Alfred.TGM ain't out of the woods domestically by a long shot.

Movie Avatar GIF

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

What?, lol.

China is already going to be limited by Covid, and whatever it ends up grossing there, it would of grossed a lot more if Covid wasnt an issue.

A2's final global tally will probably be 300-400mil lower than it could of been without the covid situation in China. That is what isnt fair.

Awesome  points Brother Stewart and HW4

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Looks like the OW will disappoint, but I really do have faith that the legs on this movie will be very good, especially with the help of the holiday season

Wrong..Just in Deadline has tracking at  175-180m domestically  and 350m OS.

DissappointmentDisappointment???  Far from it😄

Jimbo seems those 100-140m Ow lowballed predicts spoke to soon 💪

I hope it's in the 160s or higher for the first OW

---THIS IS OUR LAND!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Awesome brother Dignam!! How was the crowd reactions??

Here in germany we are very restrained. No clapping etc. :D But one guy was screaming " THIS IS CINEMA" at the end :rofl: And on my way out i heard alot of people praised the visuals/3D and the story. No bad jokes, not one single word that it was to long etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

Havent seen it but from everything i heard the hfr scenes are at most 10-15% of the runtime, maybe less? Maybe someone else will confirm here

Nope, i would say a little more . Nearly every scene with fast motion and action are hfr.

• Astonished 1

Just now, dignam said:

Here in germany we are very restrained. No clapping etc. :D But one guy was screaming " THIS IS CINEMA" at the end :rofl: And on my way out i heard alot of people praised the visuals/3D and the story. No bad jokes, not one single word that it was to long etc.

Shoot I'll be yelling man. 

Lol. Sounds like alot of your audience are returning to Pandora real soon.

" Outstanding!"

Ps my brother--Deadline just reported huge rush in buys of  tickets. Highend 175 OW. Let's hope for more!

Very nice!

Read a couple of reviews earlier that actually liked the film but gave it a negative review because they hated the HFR.

I really hope my 2D showing on Friday dosnt have HFR.

Out of the different negative things people have come up with for the film, from what i have seen the HFR is arguably the biggest problem people have had overall.

Oh well at least the home verison will be standard 24fps.

Edited by stuart360

Seriously, cant understand why people are complaining about the runtime and say it could hurt the total gross. Titanic was 3h 14m. Endgame was 3h 2m, and yet those are the biggest blockbuster of all time. Every second of this movie keeps you on the edge.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dignam said:

Seriously, cant understand why people are complaining about the runtime and say it could hurt the total gross. Titanic was 3h 14m. Endgame was 3h 2m, and yet those are the biggest blockbuster of all time. Every second of this movie keeps you on the edge.

Yeah it wont hurt the total gross. It could mean slightly smaller weekends and week days as there simply will be less showings, but that will juist mean even longer legs than its already going to have!.

Sick of reading aboutnthe runtime, its like poeple have never seen a 3 hour movie before or something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Read a couple of reviews earlier that actually liked the film but gave it a negative film because they hated the HFR.

I really hope my 2D showing on Friday dosnt have HFR.

Out of the different negative things people have come up with for the film, from what i have seen the HFR is arguably the biggest problem people have had overall.

Oh well at least the home verison will be standard 24fps.

I think this hfr thing is also made up to bad mouth this movie. Hfr was great, the scenes with hfr+3D were outstanding, nothing comes closes, they were so fluid and crystal clear. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hw64 said:

People keep saying this, but who's actually getting worked up here?

The only people I really see dooming are new posters who barely, if ever, show up here, and even then a lot of it is just concern trolling to try to provoke a reaction out of the regulars. Ironically the regulars, the people you'd expect to be most likely to have meltdowns, are some of the most calm posters here.

I call it inner peace. 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dignam said:

I think this hfr thing is also made up to bad mouth this movie. Hfr was great, the scenes with hfr+3D were outstanding, nothing comes closes, they were so fluid and crystal clear. 

Glad you loved the film by the way. I take fellow AVATAR fanboys views more seriously because i also loved the first film, and i feel fanboys also loving the sequel means i probably will.

We have had at least 2 AVATAR fans on here give glowing reviews to the film so far!.

• Like 1