Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

And… it’s a shame they couldn’t have made something more interesting with the IP, but there you go. 

You didnt have to be sherlock holmes to know that the game would some elements of far cry, knowing the studio behind it. And after your second comments i guess you alread played the game and finished it? Otherwise, any discussion with you is pointless.

For fans who wanted to dive deeper into pandora and kinda "feel" it, it is a revelation. The atmosphere and the graphics are epic. Sure its a usual ubisoft FPS game with the far cry (primal) formula. But for me (the fans) it is exactly what they wanted.

37 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

And… it’s a shame they couldn’t have made something more interesting with the IP, but there you go. 

Ubisoft didn't do anything interesting in general since 2013, they just do lazy Far Cry and Assassin's Creed reskins.

Edited by Firepower

“It feels like a Ubisoft game” is not a compliment in 2023 and reviews are reflecting that. The ‘reclaim towers in a map littered with busywork icons’ felt dated a decade ago. 

If you love it then great, but I’m glad people are calling that shit out now.

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

“It feels like a Ubisoft game” is not a compliment in 2023 and reviews are reflecting that. The ‘reclaim towers in a map littered with busywork icons’ felt dated a decade ago. 

If you love it then great, but I’m glad people are calling that shit out now.

73% on metacritic, sure mate, whatever you say.

I mean Far Cry 3 was good, 4 was even better, Primal was different enough but at some point there's not enough new spin in the tired old formula to get excited. I love Avatar and video games but I don't really have an itch for that type of game anymore.

Maybe I'll try it in a few years when it's dirt cheap.

6 hours ago, dignam said:

those are DOA numbers

but reviews are mentioning the game looks seriously great

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, dignam said:

Wait the game isnt being looked at as good... Looked fanstastic from trailers. Im too busy play DB legends but ill proably watch a video walkthrought to see how the game looks and plays.

Heres the IGN review..  Im Checking it out now. I thought this game was coming out this month or Feb 2024..LOL -WHoops. Been out for a month it seems

Hey brother dignam, Interior, Brother JC and everyone. 

A blessed 2024 to all the family in Jesus name!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

On 12/7/2023 at 10:45 AM, dignam said:

You didnt have to be sherlock holmes to know that the game would some elements of far cry, knowing the studio behind it. And after your second comments i guess you alread played the game and finished it? Otherwise, any discussion with you is pointless.

For fans who wanted to dive deeper into pandora and kinda "feel" it, it is a revelation. The atmosphere and the graphics are epic. Sure its a usual ubisoft FPS game with the far cry (primal) formula. But for me (the fans) it is exactly what they wanted.

Nice did you finish it yet  brother Dignam?... Game reviews not seeming bad at all. Though some folks saying some parts are a bit repetitive.. Share your thoughts on it so far my friend.

I have to save up and get a  good MSI titan gaming laptop and then Ill likely get this one for sure. Im boycotting pS5 and XBox X lol.(Going more into PC gaming and flight and driving simulation type games)

Sticking with my Xbox One.  Did Avatar come out for Xbox one or only the newer systems? Looks like next gen graphics.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Nice did you finish it yet  brother Dignam?... Game reviews not seeming bad at all. Though some folks saying some parts are a bit repetitive.. Share your thoughts on it so far my friend.

I have to save up and get a  good MSI titan gaming laptop and then Ill likely get this one for sure. Im boycotting pS5 and XBox X lol.(Going more into PC gaming and flight and driving simulation type games)

Sticking with my Xbox One.  Did Avatar come out for Xbox one or only the newer systems? Looks like next gen graphics.

I got it for Christmas, and if you like Avatar (which we all know you do, Sheldon!) you’ll definitely get a kick out of it. The mission structure can be very similar to Far Cry, but if you ever wanted to wander around a beautifully rendered interactive version of Pandora while shooting giant arrows at mechs and punching humans in the face so hard that they die from one hit, then it’s definitely worth a purchase.  

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Given the way the price has dropped already I'm doubting it. Shame it wasn't ready for Way of Water, Ubi might have pushed it then

Ubisoft games usually drop really quick tbf. I never buy them until they're half off with all DLC, and that usually only takes like a year, year and a half at most

Edited by robertman2

everyone says avatar will fop

Then it becomes an all time hit

Then a year latter we pretend it was a shitty ass game.

I agree avatar 2 story was a but flawed but visually, this shit blows everything out of the water. 

Edited by Torontofan

13 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Domestic: $837,587,124

Overseas: $1,702,114,184

China: $562,359,602

Worldwide: $3,102,060,910

Would be interesting to see if one of the sequels hit $3 billion WW first or the original Avatar (it's so close that re-releases will get it there eventually).