Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

James Cameron is going to raise the bar. James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron.

No budget too steep, no sea too deep. Who's that? It's him! James Cameron!!!
  • Like 1

TA vs SW is epic enough. This can fight with PR 2, the new mega franchise that`s gonna make your jaws drop how much money it`s going to make. To great critical acclaim.

PR2 by 2015? Del Toro has some other projects he will do.

People are alreading counting on PacificRim sequels like locks? Ok.Avatar should go to Christmas 2015.A summer battle with it + SW7 + TA2 would be just too much to handle for these boards. lolSince TH3 is for summer 2014, what will be the BIG movie of Christmas? (Bond24 ok but want another one)

Don`t you worry about that. TH fans will have epic meltdowns when TA2 and SW push all 3 TH movies off the cliff.

Superhero, SW and comic book movies NEED the US market to be a success. TH and Avatar dont. Look at the splits and you wil see how relatively less successful hero movies are internationally.

Superhero, SW and comic book movies NEED the US market to be a success. TH and Avatar dont. Look at the splits and you wil see how relatively less successful hero movies are internationally.

I don`t care because there will be an epic meltdown. I already see TH predix that "if tracking is slightly behind TDKR at this point and it opens like TDKR, $500 mio is happening." So, yeah, looks like fanboys do care about NA market and want TH to beat superhero movies. Well, too bad TH blows its load in 2012-2014 and after that it`s superheroes turn to push them down.

Come on. THE AVENGERS made 620 M. THE HOBBIT films making less doesn't mean they're not successes.

I never said they wouldn`t be successes. It`s impossible not to be a success with such built-in fanbase. i`m just saying that there will be epic meltdowns when all 3 start slipping down the charts fast. I mean, look at Ringer psychology. While other fandoms have no problem pitting the boxoffice from one movie against another from the same fracnhise, you won`t see any TH Over ______(insert LOTR movie) Club. It`s as if they don`t want to face the fact that it inevitbaly means LOTR is falling down. So we get TH Over DH2 even though it really means TH Over Shriekapoo. But, pssst, we don`t talk about that, lets close eyes and ears and pretend it isn`t happening. Edited by fishnets

I don`t care because there will be an epic meltdown. I already see TH predix that "if tracking is slightly behind TDKR at this point and it opens like TDKR, $500 mio is happening." So, yeah, looks like fanboys do care about NA market and want TH to beat superhero movies. Well, too bad TH blows its load in 2012-2014 and after that it`s superheroes turn to push them down.I never said they wouldn`t be successes. It`s impossible not to be a success with such built-in fanbase. i`m just saying that there will be epic meltdowns when all 3 start slipping down the charts fast. I mean, look at Ringer psychology. While other fandoms have no problem pitting the boxoffice from one movie against another from the same fracnhise, you won`t see any TH Over ______(insert LOTR movie) Club. It`s as if they don`t want to face the fact that it inevitbaly means LOTR is falling down. So we get TH Over DH2 even though it really means TH Over Shriekapoo. But, pssst, we don`t talk about that, lets close eyes and ears and pretend it isn`t happening.

I see TH landing over DH2 worldwide maybe matching TA, due to a high OS split, I dont see SW7 or TA2 doing that, they dont have the international appeal. TA2 wont get within $100M of TA DOM.

TH will go down wether you like it or not.

Lets wait and see shall we. The only way it will happen is if for some reason SW and TA break from their usual 40/60 split and there is no reason to suspect they will, even a huge event movie in 2012 couldnt break the pattern. Given that Fantasy always splits nearer 30/70 or even 25/75, TH is going to be right up there for some time.Simple fact is you massively over estimate how much the international market likes Americana. SW and TA is that, TH, Potter, even Avatar are not. Toy Story, very American, low OS gross, Ice Age, nationality neutral, huge (relative to DOM). Your bias isnt allowing you to see the big picture!I just dont see the next Avengers matching the first WW, not by at least $250M and SW has no chance, simply not going to happen. Edited by Rovex