Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Actualky 90+ Million tickets and at far higher prices, meaning folks loved avatar more than any modern day movie besides titanic.

case closed on all the fans that will be coming back.. What is interesting is we finally have a chance guys to see a 150-200+M OW in freaking december!!! Holy moly!!

No, 97m Tickets is at normal prices not including 3D. 

That is true, but did it need to be said. Would need 1B+ to even have a shot at Titanic's tickets.

That is true, but did it need to be said. Would need 1B+ to even have a shot at Titanic's tickets.

Well Neo never say never it Avatar opens to 150-200M and has a multiplier of 6-7X+ It will be ranked up there with Titanic Domestically. And its not an impossible prediction going by the love the fans have and its everyone must see event.. And the only event far bigger than SWs and Avengers 2...If cameron delivers again and shatters the imagination, with Horners mesmorizing music and one hell of a story folks can get into.. Well those saying Avatar wont have a 7-9x+ multiplier, could be sadly mistaken!!

Imagine the greatest scenario and Ow above 150M and a multiplier over 8!!!

Avatar 2 will be huge, but that six year gap (maybe even more) will hurt it a bit. Also, I'm hoping Worthington's role is reduced. Considering his career since Avatar, I wouldn't doubt it if it was. 

Tony, titanic had 13 yr gap. .Seems folks still remember who Cameron is and his greatness. Cameron makes actors better, it matters not what tom foolery Worthington has been in.. Avatar is the greatest movie experience of all time, there is no way with Camerons rep that any gap would hurt it. Especially 2009-2015 or to 2016. I know people online who are already planing to buy 10 tickets to the sequel. I'm positive millions are going to get a few tickets months earlier. This cameron film will be that kind of event. :)

I want to go to the bottom of Pandora ocean and to one of the moons so whatever rocks his boat. Bring it.

Dibs to mentally jump in the ocean first fishnets friend..

Juggernaut 2015/2016 will break all comers in two!!... In cameron we trust... He never gets lazy and that is why unlike even the great one Speilberg, Zemekis, scott...Hes never dropped the ball.

Expect Avatar 2 to  have even more success than the original and possibly set records again domestically.

Kall predicts

850M domestic(Hoping for over 1.1bi though), 2.8BOS .. A whopping 3.7B WW for Juggernaut 2

1 billion for production, how much for marketing??? I think more than 500m!

270-350+ MIL FOR THE FILMS   So about 900-1bil production, marketing 150x 3- Around 450M-500M

So Avatar 1 and 2 alone will cover it all in spades with so much profit. .Fox could make some Battle angel films and still not worry.. :) lol

Both arguments for increase/decrease in DOM are valid I think, however, if you are STILL arguing that Avatar made its money due to 3D novelty then I'm just gonna faceplam and walk away.

People don't go see it multiple times just for the technology. It's the whole experience, and the story plays the most important role.

IMO, the story was one of the most accessible and followed the hero cycle perfectly like SW.

fine intelligence every time over Fanboys praying cameron will miss his mark everytime.

I need to get Joker and BKB lots of tissues..Their respective films could be beat by 2-3Billion. That is insane!!

Still clueless.

Remember Avatar could never beat Titanic...Keep going on rambling till they're blue in the face.

I still laugh at how many court jesters underestimated Cameron. Only 5-7 folks thought like i do that high end could beat titanic by over a billion.. Avatar Day made quite a few of the James Cameron legions mesmorized that this was a game changer.. I disagree with Telemachos there. Cameron will  improve and shatter our minds yet again. He does not settle for just giving more of the same.

:)

And that is why Avatar 2-4 will all be the stuff of legend.

• Like 1

Tony, titanic had 13 yr gap. .Seems folks still remember who Cameron is and his greatness. Cameron makes actors better, it matters not what tom foolery Worthington has been in.. Avatar is the greatest movie experience of all time, there is no way with Camerons rep that any gap would hurt it. Especially 2009-2015 or to 2016. I know people online who are already planing to buy 10 tickets to the sequel. I'm positive millions are going to get a few tickets months earlier. This cameron film will be that kind of event. :)

Your opinion means nothing to me. 

LOL the same bullshit over and over again, exactly like 4 years ago. People claimed (before the movie started) "who wants to see this crap, will be the biggest flop ever, under 200mio clubs, cameron will never again make a movie ect." Man it was a pleasure to see how all those haters were owned very hard by cameron, it was also really funny to see how all the haters and doubters were on the edge of despair "smurfs in space, pocahontas in space, dances with wolves in space, only because of 3D, gone with the wind adjusted, rip off , no  story just visuals, etc.", and then they slowly disappeared. Only to came back and trying whatever they could to downplay the success of avatar after they realised cameron/avatar destroyed all their hopes and dreams  :stretcher:

Edited by dignam
  • Like 4