Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Hah hah Pisher is that you.. Good Lord good to see you. I should have know from comments invoking debate and immense growling you made there lol...LOL@ James doesnt care about storytelling.  Thats something we will never live to see james not giving his all when it comes to story. And thats why hes finally asking for lots of help to finish this 13-15Billion dollar grossing saga in the making..And thats just from BOX Office!!

Pisher? My name is Dan.

Listen Superman001, I love James Cameron as much as the next guy, but my problem with a film like Avatar is that its story was poor and generic. With films like Terminator 1, 2, Aliens and the Abyss, not only were their great special effects, but they also had great stories.

I'll give Cameron credit though. He does know how to build worlds.

I'll still see Avatar 2 in theaters, just for the experience, but I hope he can make a more interesting story this time.

Pish the story was something that the golden to silver to young boppers could follow...Its definitely deeper than your giving it credit, looking at T1 -T2's even better improvements in story telling....I definitely know the A2's story will floor most and take it to the next level. Though  most moviegoers thought Avatar's immersive storytelling ,music, acting was second to none.

Its not just one thing that brough avatar  those megabillions, its a job weaving the greatest effects and tour de force experience in history with a classic and unique story and music that just thrilled the senses and gave a ride that was so life changing for some... The news talked about them killing themselves when they realized they cant stay in Pandora.

Lets see Godfather or SWs or LOTR get that kind of bond between movie and reality...Wow!Q!!

• Like 1

Pish the story was something that the golden to silver to young boppers could follow...Its definitely deeper than your giving it credit, looking at T1 -T2's even better improvements in story telling....I definitely know the A2's story will floor most and take it to the next level. Though  most moviegoers thought Avatar's immersive storytelling ,music, acting was second to none.

Its not just one thing that brough avatar  those megabillions, its a job weaving the greatest effects and tour de force experience in history with a classic and unique story and music that just thrilled the senses and gave a ride that was so life changing for some... The news talked about them killing themselves when they realized they cant stay in Pandora.

Lets see Godfather or SWs or LOTR get that kind of bond between movie and reality...Wow!Q!!

I think most people went to Avatar for the experience, not the story.

Story was a bit bland. Movie wasn't bad, just wish the story had been a bit better thought out.

I do think the sequels have much potential though.

Listen Superman001, I love James Cameron as much as the next guy, but my problem with a film like Avatar is that its story was poor and generic. With films like Terminator 1, 2, Aliens and the Abyss, not only were their great special effects, but they also had great stories.

I'll give Cameron credit though. He does know how to build worlds.

I'll still see Avatar 2 in theaters, just for the experience, but I hope he can make a more interesting story this time.

^^ I believe he does far more than build worlds when the man has had two movies that made over 10billion in total revenue...And were totaly unbeatable by any other films in their wake. . Imean the guy took a known story and made it the highest grossing film of all time untouched for 13 yrs!! LOL. The he told  the story of parapledgic hero who jumps in a blue cat body that went on to be on peoples most loved movie of all time and just about 3billion at the box office.

The man is the stuff of legend..  No director is going to match that back to back all time list ever or the back to back worldwide records either..:)

• Like 1

I think most people went to Avatar for the experience, not the story.

Story was a bit bland. Movie wasn't bad, just wish the story had been a bit better thought out.

I do think the sequels have much potential though.

Agreed I think this time you will have a story to your liking...Though we will agree to disagree that Avatar I's story was  incredible(though had some predictability towards the end--Still what huge mega bo film or drama doesnt)LOL

• Like 1

^^ I believe he does far more than build worlds when the man has had two movies that made over 10billion in total revenue...And were totaly unbeatable by any other films in their wake. . Imean the guy took a known story and made it the highest grossing film of all time untouched for 13 yrs!! LOL. The he told  the story of parapledgic hero who jumps in a blue cat body that went on to be on peoples most loved movie of all time and just about 3billion at the box office.

The man is the stuff of legend..  No director is going to match that back to back all time list ever or the back to back worldwide records either.. :)

Definitely.

Listen Superman001, I love James Cameron as much as the next guy, but my problem with a film like Avatar is that its story was poor and generic. With films like Terminator 1, 2, Aliens and the Abyss, not only were their great special effects, but they also had great stories.I'll give Cameron credit though. He does know how to build worlds.I'll still see Avatar 2 in theaters, just for the experience, but I hope he can make a more interesting story this time.

A Godfather type saga on a distant and totally unique world sounds generic to you? I can't wait to see what that looks like.
  • Like 1

A Godfather type saga on a distant and totally unique world sounds generic to you? I can't wait to see what that looks like.

A Godfather type saga? That's the first time I've heard an Avatar trilogy referred as that.

Edited by Saintarcher

Isn't the whole movie being done in NZ?

probably not. even if so, shooting a movie does not equal production budget of a movie. before expensive FX it used to be about a hlaf of movie, now it could be a third or even a fourth if FX is expensive. Most of FX for next Avatars will be done by Weta, I guess, so my blind guess, NZ expenses will be about 2/3s of a production budget. production budget for Avatar 2-4 will be about 750M. By making these films together they will save 100M-150M. and, of course, they will get back 150M from NZ goverment.

You know we could also say that the first TA was sold by the introduction and first collaboration of superheroes ever. Now that is not going to be the huge draw it was back in 2012 and it will have nothing new to offer to the GA. Introducing two unknown characters won't boost it's chances of over grossing the first one. The max I see for this is 500m. 

• Like 2