Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Well one could follow that question up with did anyone care about Firefly to begin with to warrant a sequel??? And who's asking for AVATAR 2 through 4 when the 1st movie isn't even mentioned, isn't even referred to in passing like many other huge blockbusters were in the past and for a movie that made what AVATAR did, you have to find that amusing..

Last time I checked people cared more to see Avatar several times than the 2 people that show up to see that Whedon's DTD. Avatar is the biggest grossing movie of the decade more than anything Whedon could ever churned out and somehow online trolls want us to believe the majority of its audience has totally forgotten it, that's funny if not totally dumbfounded.

*Ëxhibit 1: Every news report about Avatar sequels spawn comments about how it is forgotten and that it was Pocahontas blahblah (the same old crap on repeat since 2009). So if they can comment about the movie and their vivid opinions about it 5 years after, that means they didn't forget it at all. Contradiction Dumbasses.

Avengers 2 won't even touch Avatar gross.

Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Last time I checked people cared more to see Avatar several times than the 2 people that show up to see that Whedon's DTD. Avatar is the biggest grossing movie of the decade more than anything Whedon could ever churned out and somehow online trolls want us to believe the majority of its audience has totally forgotten it, that's funny if not totally dumbfounded.

*Ëxhibit 1: Every news report about Avatar sequels spawn comments about how it is forgotten and that it was Pocahontas blahblah (the same old crap on repeat since 2009). So if they can comment about the movie and their vivid opinions about it 5 years after, that means they didn't forget it at all. Contradiction Dumbasses.

Avengers 2 won't even touch Avatar gross.

Posted Image

LOL Dash it would be funny if the domestic gross was so awe-inspiring that it matched the OS gross of TA2 LOL.

Indeed Avengers 2 wont  smell the domestic or OS gross of the first and the 2nd looks to beat Avatar 1 by

way over a billion!

HOLY MOLY--Even Josh knows he should not be mentioned in Cameron's circle. Only Speilberg has that right.

Sorry BKB>

ROFL.. YOu dont see any  bo office trackers thinking Avengers 2 could reap a  billion domestic or  over 3B OS...

We need to get some of the powerful @@@t BKB is smoking lately good buddy rofl.

You notice hed backed out of the 50.00 bet and chase his sig I made lol. Despite me saying his film only has to come within 800M of Juggernuat 2's WW gross.. .

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH!! Epic Fail for BKB and any over the top fanboy that thinks any comic book film is a match for James Cameron!!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

The dick measuring contest with BKB in this thread in the next couple of years is really going to be epic.

Lol the only thing is no film in a war will get raped as much as Juggernaut 2015/2016 rapes Avengers...

Im going to more fall out of my chair laughing if Avatar goes on to 800- 850+M Dom and Avengers 2 falls to 490-550M Domestic Range..lol

WETA is at least as good as ILM.

Actually better...They were the ones that had the most wow shots  in Avatar and did the incredible KK and LOTR and DOS. :)( to name a few) ILM is number 2 in SFX at this point. A very close number 2 though.. Its definitely a battle between Weta Digital and ILM for the top crowns.

News flash thats for 1-2 movies..All that will gross over 2billion.. LOL... You mean James Camerons networth will rise over

George Lucas is more like it..lol

Oh.

That makes more sense.

Still I think the "old" James Cameron is officially gone.

Edited by Saintarcher

I see you, Kal, and not many others... especially when it comes to domestic. :)

Hah Hah ...Tele--That may be  true......Though I am a true believer in  James Cameron film's max potential domestic is at least 1b+

Im hoping for 800-850M at least though. Dash , Neo and KK and other are BO predictors and others..And they believe it is the one  with billion domestic potential.

Seems others in this forum.. See the potential for even more Jaw dropping and fainting happening due to results of yet another Cameon  Vehicle my friend.. :P

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/avatar-2/FT6oq0Pn8IPq9b

^^^James Cameron has never left us  St  Archer friend.

Heh from Aliens to T2 ..... Titanic to Avatar... he is simply  showing why he is unbeatable pound for  pound as the film god. :D

No, but the James Cameron who cared about good stories and not just special effects has.

No, but the James Cameron who cared about good stories and not just special effects has.

Saint James Cameron is the guy that has always pushed the envelope and SFX houses , even more so than Speilberg.. Are you not noticing the praise he gets from the only director who has done more for film and breakthroughs (Aka Steven Speilberg)

The Avenger director and so many of the great film directors call him the yoda or the King.

Hes all about about new tech, but also combines it with immense storytelling. Or did you not see James Cameron Wrote Avatar , Terminator 2 and 1 , The Abyss and Aliens!

So no I dont think many will agree with you my friend that James cares about SFX more than story.. If anything it will be story first, SFX weaven in the 2nd most priority. You dont get films like Avatar and people paying 10-20.00 USD around the world if your film lacks story telling content. James simply is the best of all time at making stories and films that people care about  no matter where the hail from.

• Like 1

Hah hah Pisher is that you.. Good Lord good to see you. I should have know from comments invoking debate and immense growling you made there lol...LOL@ James doesnt care about storytelling.  Thats something we will never live to see james not giving his all when it comes to story. And thats why hes finally asking for lots of help to finish this 13-15Billion dollar grossing saga in the making..And thats just from BOX Office!!

• Like 1

Saint James Cameron is the guy that has always pushed the envelope and SFX houses , even more so than Speilberg.. Are you not noticing the praise he gets from the only director who has done more for film and breakthroughs (Aka Steven Speilberg)

The Avenger director and so many of the great film directors call him the yoda or the King.

Hes all about about new tech, but also combines it with immense storytelling. Or did you not see James Cameron Wrote Avatar , Terminator 2 and 1 , The Abyss and Aliens!

So no I dont think many will agree with you my friend that James cares about SFX more than story.. If anything it will be story first, SFX weaven in the 2nd most priority. You dont get films like Avatar and people paying 10-20.00 USD around the world if your film lacks story telling content. James simply is the best of all time at making stories and films that people care about  no matter where the hail from.

Listen Superman001, I love James Cameron as much as the next guy, but my problem with a film like Avatar is that its story was poor and generic. With films like Terminator 1, 2, Aliens and the Abyss, not only were their great special effects, but they also had great stories.

I'll give Cameron credit though. He does know how to build worlds.

I'll still see Avatar 2 in theaters, just for the experience, but I hope he can make a more interesting story this time.

• Like 1