Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just the minimum guaranteed amount being spent in NZ. ;)

Heh heh. The 400+Mil is just how much Fox has allotted so far, as things progress Im sure

they will spend 800-900+M on all  3 sequels between production, retouchups and advertising. :)

And indeed Telemachos,, you know NZ is giving Fox them tax breaks! Lol

It's easy for us to toss numbers around like it's no big deal cause were fanboys, but in the end, look how hard it was for TA to achieve 1.5B WW??? Asking a movie to make twice that in 3B WW is no easy feat and when the novelty of 3D has been beaten to death, AVATAR 2 will just end up being another standard sequel like anything else and this is coming from someone who's finally conceeded that no MARVEL Solo movie will ever gross 400M Domestic unless RDJ drops in.. Now I know Kal is the biggest fan of this with incredibly high hopes at AVATAR 2 grossing 3B WW or more and in the end, you're setting yourself up for a major disappointment by not lowering your expectations and I guess the same could be said for TA2, but doubtful given how popular MARVEL is right now and TA2 will most likely be the 1st sequel that's flatline in the domestic box office compared to the 1st movie and makes just as much, but that's RARE..

Lol James Cameron is not Josh my friend.. Nothing he does with a mega epic is seen as normal.

His name attached to this project gurantees over 2billion, giving us his typical legendary sequel quality (Terminator 2 , Aliens)

well 3billion will be easily surpassed.

Its the domestic many are wondering about. Can cameron become the first guy to get to 800-1billion USD

in one run!!...

Stay tuned!!

Cameron didn't come up with the concept of Titanic and Cameron took ideas from other sources for Avatar.

Yes he did, the ship lifting, the clautraphobic look of the amazing world of Titanic.

All his idea.. So while the story is in the history,books.. The screenplay and story is all James Cameron and from

his mind..

Thats why all the other titanic movies failed and his well...You know whos ship film is in the history books

in various arenas :)

Less people to come back for the sequel? The first film's box office was inflated by 3D and the novelty factor. Even a small drop in attendance for the sequel could lead to huge drop in BO since we know that A2 won't have 3D screens all to itself for three months like the first one did. 

Says who Darth... Fox is already makign a deal with them to make sure it stay in..

Imax and all the 3D theaters will lord any breakthrough Cameron makes, because bottomline Avatar 2 will be the it thing

to go see 3D , Sound and visuals and story at all new levels..

That doesnt even make sense.. The biggest sequel on the planet wont dominate the 3D theaters?? Hah hah

Someone is ignoring how much people are talking about the sequel and how folks have even killed themselves

because they cant go back to Pandora.

On Avatar merchandising.. They sell enough shirts, collectible toys,.... and HVideo.. And blew everything away.

Far more ways to make billions and have cultural impact than just toys my SWs fanatic :P

in what world will the sequels come out one year apart lol.. more like 2016 2020 2024

Pay attention to the news.. They are filming part 2 and 3 and 4 back to back. Sequels will be coming out

beach year.. YOur so late with your news mr H20.. ROFL

Cameron wants to get to the next mega project Battle Angel Saga.. And who knows work on creating more outside

realms for his Avatar saga , just like the movies.

ROFL On SWS loonies saying Avatar has no cultural impact. They need to check out the news for a broadway play

Huge Theme Parks sections being built in Disney Amusement Resorts and so many electronics,

laptops,  merchandises being planned  with the sequel.

In the end it will be all avatar!! :)

Yes he did, the ship lifting, the clautraphobic look of the amazing world of Titanic.

All his idea.. So while the story is in the history,books.. The screenplay and story is all James Cameron and from

his mind..

Thats why all the other titanic movies failed and his well...You know whos ship film is in the history books

in various arenas :)

I know that, but the story of Titanic he didn't come up with. If that is true than every re-telling of a historical event would be from the mind of the director.

Edited by Neo

Pay attention to the news.. They are filming part 2 and 3 and 4 back to back. Sequels will be coming out

beach year.. YOur so late with your news mr H20.. ROFL

i have a question is this person 12 years old or trying to be a troll? there's no way they come out one year apart without being mediocre

i have a question is this person 12 years old or trying to be a troll? there's no way they come out one year apart without being mediocre

He's insane. Someone who constantly posts happy smileys on every post is definitely not sane.

No offense, but are you trying to be dense? You have a long production/post-production period, then you release one every year. LOTR set the treen, and many have done it since then.
  • Like 5

AVATAR ll might drop domestic but not overseas imo. Making more than the first worldwide is almost locked.

It was HUGE almost everywhere. It could very well go down overseas as well. In fact, i'd be surprised if it doesn't.

To be honest you guys!He has spent 6 years developing the script!This will not be a bad movie! I think it will be great!For the first avatar he was focusing on the technology needed to create this world......And since he developed it,he has focused this time round on the story!....am sure he has heard about the complaints! About the movies story!Which is why i without a doubt think these sequels will be great!

Didn't he start working on the story of Avatar right after Titanic or even sooner? Whatever you think of the story, it was not the way it was because of lack of time.

Edited by Elessar

I know that, but the story of Titanic he didn't come up with. If that is true than every re-telling of a historical event would be from the mind of the director.

The basic framework is based on real events but other than that, it's all Cameron.

The basic framework is based on real events but other than that, it's all Cameron.

Did I say it wasn't? I was saying its based on a historical event and it is. Don't get why you are pushing this so much.

To be honest you guys!He has spent 6 years developing the script!This will not be a bad movie! I think it will be great!For the first avatar he was focusing on the technology needed to create this world......And since he developed it,he has focused this time round on the story!....am sure he has heard about the complaints! About the movies story!Which is why i without a doubt think these sequels will be great!

Sure hope so, ain't nobody here for another Pocahontas remake

Did I say it wasn't? I was saying its based on a historical event and it is. Don't get why you are pushing this so much.

I'm not pushing anything. It was my first and only (up to that point) post on that matter.

Cameron didn't come up with the concept of Titanic and Cameron took ideas from other sources for Avatar.

What are you even trying to say? I'm sorry but pretty much everyone takes ideas from somewhere else, no one is living in a bubble. It's how you make them your own is what matters. And how you tell your story, its execution. And just because the backdrop of Titanic is based on a historical event, it doesn't make it any less his story, a love story.

• Like 1