Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I hope Avatar 2 has some actual direct competition at the box office. It still makes me laugh when Cameron complained about losing 3D screens to AiW after Avatar was unchallenged for 11 freakin' weeks.

Look at all the movies that have avoided VII. I would imagine not a wide (3200+) release 3 weeks before/ 3 weeks after.

Edited by Neo

I really love the first movie, the whole avatar world, characters and it's message. Maybe it doesn't have the same status as Titanic but I'm still excited to follow the story in any sequels. If they can show more of Earth or other new things in the Avatar universe I think it could be an epic set of movies that could be more in the vein of star wars or the marvel universe. That's what separates it from a singular movie like Titanic. The possibilities with Avatar are endless when you use your imagination.

Just as a side note, I thought Jeremy Piven would have been great in Giovanni Ribisi's role.

Hey Raiden sword and that's how you know this mega sequel is going to be something special because James Cameron is actually collaborating with the writer of the incredible apes movie as well on this. James realizes he needs help on such an enormous project. When james is seeking other greats to help with the stories, the box office is going to shook from its foundation.

"This is our land!"

Well seeing as Avatar brought everyone to cinemas its safe to say any film that was released was 'direct competition' ;)

Sherlock and Alvin had a combined OW gross of 110m, it was definitely competition.

Nothing on the planet will keep avatar 2 out off the all time record books. So many will be seeing it 8 plus times if it can even capture 80 percent of that sense memory beyond just a movie but an experience feeling that we all got from its predecessor. I love it.

Oh, so they're going back in time to Ancient Egypt?

No but we will almost blow away all of hp accompolisments with just 2 films. Lmao. And the saga still has 2 more films after juggernaut 2017 yields the might of 4-5 harry potters ww(thr world's first 3.2-4b +ww is coming for harry and avengers. Bite on that hogwart fanboy :-p

Can even batman vs superman and sws keep the gap under 1.5b. Major major ass kicking is taking place my family. We are now just in the eye of the storm. Is juggernaut a 2.5b lock ww already?? I think so. Pending no natural diasters this one should easily be the worlds first near 3b lock. The demand the back breaking of avengers and hp 7 on the hv market all point to the glory. James will have the first increase to alltime mega box office sucess story. Folks here still doubt the greatest, i just point

To titanic then avatar. Also he has the world biggest sequel increase with t1 and then t2.

Any questions?

Edited by Superman001

Look at all the movies that have avoided VII. I would imagine not a wide (3200+) release 3 weeks before/ 3 weeks after.

starwars and bat vs big blue and debut of ww finally might be the only films that can make thegap not monsterous. The age pf ultron is a monster, but it has that been there done that feel tp it. So im thinking 1.6 b tops.

What do yu think neo. I think sws and bvs have potential for 2b. Especially batman and superman. 80 years of pent up fan passion Golden Age ,silver and current that's something that it's hard to predict what could happen. The film has to be the tdk , sm2 and cap 2 of team up films tho and deliver like no comic film has before.

Lol bkb, you know james is the man. Hmmm, can god outdo himself 3 times in a row though? We are going to findout soon my friend. Whats yur minimum dom and ww for juggernaut 2017 vs avenger2 ,b vs superman, and sw7. And also whatsv the max you think
these leaders in bo gold will put up.

Let mortal kombat begin!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

I Predict AVATAR 2 to make a hell of lot less Domestically then the 1st movie... I won't go into the reason why since it's been mentioned a 1000 X over...

Almost impossible for it to make a whole lot less. Its the biggest HV phenom since the 90s lol. And is still king of all BRays by far.. (when bluerays were pricey I might add).. No way folks dont buy up huge tickets. I dont think it will make less than 660-700M domestic and its more likely 800-900+M domestic. You see how hard folks attended Terminator 2 over the first film. And the same with Titanic and Avatar.

Camerons epic command ages 5-90 to come forth.. THat is scary BKB.  He maybe the most influential filmmaker of all time.

Not even Speilberg could hold onto his fan following like this... Wow!!

It could drop $260m dollars, which I would consider a hell of a lot less, and still be #5 All Time Domestically.  

Cameron mega sequels never drop domestically or worldwide.. Though and this is the king

of the sequels. So expect 700-800+M domestic or far more I think Boner.

What would be crazy if it increased even 30 % of the power T2 did over Terminator.. Woah.

What happens if folks cant stop watching the sequel.. Heh heh.  Can you imagine

the other scenario happens and Avatar 2 hits 900-1B domestic and beats Avatar by a mile OS on top of that.

Doesnt need much of an increase to hit 850-1B either.. Which is an insane domestic number.

starwars and bat vs big blue and debut of ww finally might be the only films that can make thegap not monsterous. The age pf ultron is a monster, but it has that been there done that feel tp it. So im thinking 1.6 b tops.

What do yu think neo. I think sws and bvs have potential for 2b. Especially batman and superman. 80 years of pent up fan passion Golden Age ,silver and current that's something that it's hard to predict what could happen. The film has to be the tdk , sm2 and cap 2 of team up films tho and deliver like no comic film has before.

Missed the point.

Almost impossible for it to make a whole lot less. Its the biggest HV phenom since the 90s lol. And is still king of all BRays by far.. (when bluerays were pricey I might add).. No way folks dont buy up huge tickets. I dont think it will make less than 660-700M domestic and its more likely 800-900+M domestic. You see how hard folks attended Terminator 2 over the first film. And the same with Titanic and Avatar.

Camerons epic command ages 5-90 to come forth.. THat is scary BKB.  He maybe the most influential filmmaker of all time.

Not even Speilberg could hold onto his fan following like this... Wow!!

Check my sig.