Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I think that might have more to do with the fact that both his sequels followed up movies that made $78m(Alien) and $38m(Terminator).  Those aren't exactly tough numbers to match.  

LOl Terminator  was invented by Cameron silly Boner. And on a 4-5 million budget made 38M Domestics.. Lol well the sequel has made ove 20 times as much WW(Billions between BO and  Home Video). Seems Aliens

is still the biggest of all the alien movies ticket sales wise of the franchise I might add. Hah hah

You are trying to show some logic here my son?

Not to mention hmm. Guys like you said James would never do it again or Titanic will be beaten. Whoops those scenarios also fell to the wayside.

Your going to get a wake up call when all the people that support aliens, Titanic, Avatar, Aliens, Terminator 2 Judgement day  and just those scores of millions of James Camerons followers freak to the theaters.

The man doesnt dissappoint and pushes the bar on ever level, you got to be kidding if you think people arent going to support him 1000% :)

Lol when you have a  2 billion dollar movie and then a pratically 3billion dollar follow up beast after that... Your the most influential filmmaker of all time.

:)

700-900M Domestic Coming up!! :) Im predicting 840M but I want much more!!

Edited by Superman001

This is dropping domestically, that's not even a question. OS will stay flat or increase, but DOM will see a minimum 20% drop, IMO.

Possibly, but unlike alot of your franchises this has sold nearly 40+M units  and should approach 50+ in time.

So logic points to increase. Not to mention Avengers in more theaters  and over 50 yrs of hype over  Avatar still couldnt make 700M lol. Just watch what Avatar sequel will put up. lol. Titanic sold enough tickets in this era that totals over 1billion domestic!!

Now thats what you call the ultimate fanbase. Keep thinking they wont come back for anything James Does.. 20% drop off.. LMAO

We will see on that one.

I rem that garbage from SWs loonies and Fern gully is going to be James first major flop... Whoops 3billion dollar for his very next film(well almost 2.8B WW in 1 run) LOL

It could drop $260m dollars, which I would consider a hell of a lot less, and still be #5 All Time Domestically.  

Lol or the opposite and it increases by 100-250+ M domestic and all the doubters pull their hair out in shock. Medics will be standing by for Avengers , and SWS fans after the dust settles from the Juggernaut2 experience!!

It won't beat Skyfall in the UK, that's for damn sure!

Hey FTW, you do know Skyfall was in more theaters and a bigg ad campaign in  UK and  Avatar one still beat it in ticket sales. So I wouldnt bet the sequel wont shatter the Skyfall in UK just yet when its going to have a far bigger debut than Avatar 1 :)

Hey FTW, you do know Skyfall was in more theaters and a bigg ad campaign in UK and Avatar one still beat it in ticket sales. So I wouldnt bet the sequel wont shatter the Skyfall in UK just yet when its going to have a far bigger debut than Avatar 1 :)

Prices haven't increased much in the UK, and Avatar had an 85% 3D share. Skyfall obliterated it in Ticket sales. Skyfall won't be touched by a sequel to anything.
  • Like 1

Kal, you would have to go down as the most passionate fan I've ever come across for this movie and I hope you're not setting yourself up for a major letdown for as much as you throw box office numbers around for this like it's no big deal???? Your predictions for AVATAR 2 is basically setting you up to fall HARD snd be laughed at over it... I'd take a deep breath and rethink your numbers for this... ;)

I swear the irony is fucking THICK in this post.

• Like 6

It won't come close to $3b. The original was a phenomenon pretty much everywhere, it's highly unlikely for the sequels to repeat that. On top of that we have a strong dollar, at least for now. The only substantial room to grow i see in China perhaps. Oh, you people will never learn...

It won't come close to $3b. The original was a phenomenon pretty much everywhere, it's highly unlikely for the sequels to repeat that. On top of that we have a strong dollar, at least for now. The only substantial room to grow i see in China perhaps. Oh, you people will never learn...

Better chance at hitting 3B than falling to 600M. China can account for 80M more I am sure Russia, other Asian countries, Brazil etc could make up the 220M.

What do you mean, 600m? Worldwide? I don't get it.

Again, you are assuming it will reach the same heights as the original. It won't. I guarantee you that.

Russia won't do squat if they don't manage to get their act together soon. The Ruble is in the toilet. 

Edited by Elessar

What do you mean, 600m? Worldwide? I don't get it.

Again, you are assuming it will reach the same heights as the original. It won't. I guarantee you that.

DOM. Again, you are assuming it will not reach the same heights as the original. It will. I guarantee you that.