Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

For those who don't know Massive here are the games they have done (from the wiki)

Year Title Platform(s)
PS3 PS4 Win X360 XBO iOS Android
2000 Ground Control No No Yes No No No No
2000 Ground Control: Dark Conspiracy No No Yes No No No No
2004 Ground Control II: Operation Exodus No No Yes No No No No
2007 World in Conflict No No Yes No No No No
2009 World in Conflict: Soviet Assault No No Yes No No No No
2011 Assassin's Creed: Revelations Yes No Yes Yes No No No
2012 Far Cry 3 Yes No Yes Yes No No No
2014 Just Dance Now No No No No No Yes Yes
2016 Tom Clancy's The Division No Yes Yes No Yes No No

Tom Clancy's The Division was a huge success and a top 3 seller in the States, so they're coming off a hot latest release.

Quite a good pick up by Cameron's Lightstorm.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Speaking of Avatar video games

http://diskingdom.com/2016/07/25/cancelled-avatar-disney-infinity-concept-art-revealed/

It was planned for Disney Infinity before they canned the whole game.

Honestly an Avatar game must be done fully and well with a lot of effort, making a side game won't cut it. You make side games once you have decent games out already.

I'm glad that got canned

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Do you believe that it will though? Give some numbers of what you think will happen.

A2 at minimum will do $500M domestic with a maximum of $800M. OS total should be around $1.2B-$2.2B, depending on competition. The 3D craze that made Avatar so big is kind of dead, not to mention Spidey/Mortal Engines/Mary Poppins could be a problem.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

A2 at minimum will do $500M domestic with a maximum of $800M. OS total should be around $1.2B-$2.2B, depending on competition. The 3D craze that made Avatar so big is kind of dead, not to mention Spidey/Mortal Engines/Mary Poppins could be a problem.

If A2 makes more than Avatar did domestic ($800m), there is no way it doesn't make $2.78b world wide. Although the exchange rates aren't as good as in 2009, China will add an extra $400m.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

If A2 makes more than Avatar did domestic ($800m), there is no way it doesn't make $2.78b world wide. Although the exchange rates aren't as good as in 2009, China will add an extra $400m.

WW should be anywhere from $1.8B-$2.8B. I forgot to put my worldwide prediction.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

WW should be anywhere from $1.8B-$2.8B. I forgot to put my worldwide prediction.

Sorry I misread your original post, if you add your ranges in the original post it's $1.7b-$3b

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

" I'll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I'm booked in production every day between now and then. " - the man himself

Production doesn't start in august, shooting starts in august.