Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t get why they are making a sequel to this. The first movie is alredy forgotten.  Avatar 2 won’t even gross 600 million WW. 

That number is so absurdly stupid the only thought process I can think of to get to that value is to try and get a raise out of those in the Avatar thread.

Edited by IronJimbo

On 3/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, IronJimbo said:

Nope, that's a view never seen before, could be test footage as KP said.

Looks like a water reflection on the right... they're floating above an ocean it seems

WAIT A SECOND... THESE MOUNTAINS AIN'T FLOATING

guys this is literally new scenery from Avatar 2

On 3/15/2018 at 4:54 PM, Trolltastic Tele said:

I very much doubt they'd put any specific A2 stuff in a Rolex commercial. If anything, I imagine it's related to the theme park and rides.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, IronJimbo said:

It's never seen before scenery regardless of whether it's going to be in Avatar 2 specifically, which Jim standing there no way it isn't part of Pandora.

Did you guys somehow miss the Rolex Oscar's commercial?  There is 13 seconds of Pandora visuals in it.  I'm guessing it is pre-Avatar 2 stuff they used specifically for the commercial.  

Starts at :42 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

t.. thanks

"no one was ever remembered for playing it safe" god i love Jim

Can't believe I missed this one, so yeah that's a new scenery for the sequels that's for sure.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t get why they are making a sequel to this. The first movie is alredy forgotten.  Avatar 2 won’t even gross 600 million WW. 

One thing is to do not understand why Avatar was so successful (my case), and another one is make an absurd lowballing prediction. China alone guarantees the amount you say (I think it will be even bigger than $600m there).

First part was doped by 3D and the sequels will be doped by China craziness, which will compensate the more than probable big drop in admissions in Europe.

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

One thing is to do not understand why Avatar was so successful (my case), and another one is make an absurd lowballing prediction. China alone guarantees the amount you say (I think it will be even bigger than $600m there).

First part was doped by 3D and the sequels will be doped by China craziness, which will compensate the more than probable big drop in admissions in Europe.

I think it's the exchange rates which will be hurt in Europe not the admissions, I think it can pull crazy admissions again.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

t.. thanks

"no one was ever remembered for playing it safe" god i love Jim

Can't believe I missed this one, so yeah that's a new scenery for the sequels that's for sure.

Possibly, but more likely it is specifically for the commercial.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think it's the exchange rates which will be hurt in Europe not the admissions, I think it can pull crazy admissions again.

I will never say there is a 0% chance in BO. You never know what can happen. But I would not count with 9.5 million admissions in Spain again, for example. If I had to bet, I would say something like 5 or 6 million admissions.

And yes, ER will be a problem for A2, although today the gap is not as big as it has been in recent years. Today, eurozone would drop about a 14% relative to the original gross. For example, the $110m that Avatar did in Spain today would mean $95m.

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

I will never say there is a 0% chance in BO. You never know what can happen. But I would not count with 9.5 million admissions in Spain again, for example. If I had to bet, I would say something like 5 or 6 million admissions.

And yes, ER will be a problem for A2, although today the gap is not as big as it has been in recent years. Today, eurozone would drop about a 14% relative to the original gross. For example, the $110m that Avatar did in Spain today would mean $95m.

Has cinema going in Spain decreased dramatically since 2009? Inflation counteracts the loss from ER, then china sends it to the stars. The dollar seems to be weakening, obviously I can't say how it will end up 2020 otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here I would be in a bank doing my big short.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Did you guys somehow miss the Rolex Oscar's commercial?  There is 13 seconds of Pandora visuals in it.  I'm guessing it is pre-Avatar 2 stuff they used specifically for the commercial.  

Starts at :42 seconds.

I want to go back to Pandora Jim. Stop teasing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Has cinema going in Spain decreased dramatically since 2009? Inflation counteracts the loss from ER, then china sends it to the stars. The dollar seems to be weakening, obviously I can't say how it will end up 2020 otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here I would be in a bank doing my big short.

No, attendance is a bit lower (we are not still completely recovered of economical crash), but it is in a similar range than in 2009: a bit more than 100 million admissions in 2017 and 110 million in 2009.

But we have this:

Average ticket price of Avatar in Spain: €77m/9.5m = €8.10

Average ticket price of March 9-11 weekend: €6.67

Taking into account the incredible 3D ratio of Avatar (which I do not think will be repeated), inflation is close to 0 relative to 2009. I guess Spain is a special case. But sincerely, I do not think that what Avatar did can be repeated with the sequels. 2b-2.5b (always asuming that China can make a 35-40% of that amount) is a reasonable range.

11 minutes ago, peludo said:

No, attendance is a bit lower (we are not still completely recovered of economical crash), but it is in a similar range than in 2009: a bit more than 100 million admissions in 2017 and 110 million in 2009.

But we have this:

Average ticket price of Avatar in Spain: €77m/9.5m = €8.10

Average ticket price of March 9-11 weekend: €6.67

Taking into account the incredible 3D ratio of Avatar (which I do not think will be repeated), inflation is close to 0 relative to 2009. I guess Spain is a special case. But sincerely, I do not think that what Avatar did can be repeated with the sequels. 2b-2.5b (always asuming that China can make a 35-40% of that amount) is a reasonable range.

It sounds like Spain is a special case.

I checked Germany because it came to my head first and their average ticket price has only gone up.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/398393/cinema-tickets-average-price-germany/