Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well I hope they come to terms with Avatar 2 imminent success before the fact so we don't have to hear the equivalent of "just did well because the 3d" over and over again.

Every outrageously big movie is bound to get their own "just did well cause _____(insert 1 reason)". Remember the denial that Titanic drew all sorts of audience including people who usually don't go to cinema. But, no, those were only Leo's teenage fangirls! :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Every outrageously big movie is bound to get their own "just did well cause _____(insert 1 reason)". Remember the denial that Titanic drew all sorts of audience including people who usually don't go to cinema. But, no, those were only Leo's teenage fangirls! :lol:

I wonder what Avatar 2's will be..."only did well because the visuals were so good". Only one I can think of.

• Like 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/03/30/box-office-when-will-black-panther-fall-behind-avatar/

"and catching up with Avatar again (I watched it a month ago for an unrelated future post… my kids were riveted)"

I'm waiting for it Scotty, can't wait to read your "why no one remembers Avatar" article.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/03/30/box-office-when-will-black-panther-fall-behind-avatar/

"and catching up with Avatar again (I watched it a month ago for an unrelated future post… my kids were riveted)"

I'm waiting for it Scotty, can't wait to read your "why no one remembers Avatar" article.

I have to automatically dismiss the opinion of anyone who parrots that line. The story of Avatar has played itself out throughout human history for thousands of years and continues to this day, read the news. No one remembers Avatar??? BS open your eyes and read a little, it's happening right now in various parts of the world, whether it's resource companies destroying rainforests and ruining the lives of indigenous people in South America or countries that oppress certain people because of race/religion/language or some other arbitrary construct. Where does Cameron go with II-III-IV-V?? I think he'll take all of the current political hot button items, wrap them in universal truths (not the ones dictated by politicians/business leaders but real every day people) and make us look in the mirror again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I have to automatically dismiss the opinion of anyone who parrots that line. The story of Avatar has played itself out throughout human history for thousands of years and continues to this day, read the news. No one remembers Avatar??? BS open your eyes and read a little, it's happening right now in various parts of the world, whether it's resource companies destroying rainforests and ruining the lives of indigenous people in South America or countries that oppress certain people because of race/religion/language or some other arbitrary construct. Where does Cameron go with II-III-IV-V?? I think he'll take all of the current political hot button items, wrap them in universal truths (not the ones dictated by politicians/business leaders but real every day people) and make us look in the mirror again.

Scott is the one who brought us the infamous cultural impact line, that everyone parrots and repeats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Anyone see that joke James Cameron AMA on r/movies? It's wonderful.

also important plot details revealed

Hide contents

Man, reddit really embraces April Fools Day doesn't it? I'm a regular visitor to the F1 subreddit and that place went nuts from yesterday.

Best quote from your link. Honestly, it almost feels like it's IronJimbo who is answering the questions

[–]habdragon08

Explain this

nb42KJn.jpg

[–]JamesCameronsAvatar

Explain this

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

@vc2002 the entire thing is anti-Jim I wouldn't ever post like that. The moderator responds to negative comments and AGREES while making a joke, the entire thing is weak.

Making jokes on April Fools? The nerve on that man.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Making jokes on April Fools? The nerve on that man.

We need to delete April fools from the calender, maybe change April to start on the 2nd and end on the 31st.

It makes the internet unusable for a day and is filled with people who haven't been funny all year trying to be funny for a day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We need to delete April fools from the calender, maybe change April to start on the 2nd and end on the 31st.

It makes the internet unusable for a day and is filled with people who haven't been funny all year trying to be funny for a day.

It's generally pretty bad but I thought those AMA's were all in pretty good fun. The Cameron one made me laugh. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

It's generally pretty bad but I thought those AMA's were all in pretty good fun. The Cameron one made me laugh. 

Only read the Jim one so can't comment on the rest.

It reads like a redditor making a parody of a Jim fan rather than a parody of Jim himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

@vc2002 the entire thing is anti-Jim I wouldn't ever post like that. The moderator responds to negative comments and AGREES while making a joke, the entire thing is weak.

Your Jim-worshipping is as hardcore as the anti-Jim in that thread.

20 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Your Jim-worshipping is as hardcore as the anti-Jim in that thread.

the anti-jim isn't hardcore at all, just lame

Q:Have you considered naming the Avatar sequel "Avatarier"? Because if you haven't you should.

A:Not bad but I'd have to save Avatariest for Avatar 5, cause that's obvious.

lame

Q:Hey James! Do you think Avatar is overrated? Cause I do

A:I think ratings are overrated while piles of money are very rated.

Even lamer

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Only read the Jim one so can't comment on the rest.

It reads like a redditor making a parody of a Jim fan rather than a parody of Jim himself.

The one with The Rock made me laugh really hard.  He already typed out the answers and had the users type in the questions

• Like 1

Just came out of watching Ready Player One with my parents, and the first comment my Mum makes is how similar the concept is to Avatar and how much she loved it! :)

The incredible WOM in China is a positive sign if this anecdotal evidence is anything to go by for Avatar 2. Am hoping Domestic can pull some nice legs as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Just came out of watching Ready Player One with my parents, and the first comment my Mum makes is how similar the concept is to Avatar and how much she loved it! :)

The incredible WOM in China is a positive sign if this anecdotal evidence is anything to go by for Avatar 2. Am hoping Domestic can pull some nice legs as well.

I'm not sure if Avatar's will even be in Avatar 2 or onwards, maybe Quaritch will use a na'vi body to infiltrate enemy lines??

Everyone will love Avatar 2, including China, including North America, including Europe, including the rest of Asia, including south America and including Africa. After all it's the sequel to the most worldwide beloved film of all time.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1