Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

please no

I think this every time I see  "72,264 posts". :Gaga:

Don't worry about replying Tele, I know you'll probably make a witty remark with the children in your clubhouse, they at least seem to appreciate your 'humor'. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Interesting perspective of a person with over 10 thousand posts on a box office theory forum. See you at the next Atheists for Jesus meeting Wang. :Gaga:

Yes, I enjoy the box office, I find it extremely fascinating!  I think it's similar to my love of baseball in that there are just so many crazy stats and things to keep track of.

However, my enjoyment of a movie isn't derived of it's box office take.  If a movie I love makes a ton of money, then that's a bonus!   

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Interesting perspective of a person with over 10 thousand posts on a box office theory forum. See you at the next Atheists for Jesus meeting Wang. :Gaga:

42 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Don't worry about replying Tele, I know you'll probably make a witty remark with the children in your clubhouse, they at least seem to appreciate your 'humor'. 

You guys sure do obsess over post counts.

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

You guys sure do obsess over post counts.

you can't generalise in 2019 Deep Wang!

Also.

1. Avatar

2. Terminator 2

3. Aliens

4. Titanic

5. The Terminator

6. The Abyss

7. True Lies

With the obivious caveat that True Lies is a tippity top notch movie.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, Telemachos said:

I mean, I am. Watched it several times in theaters, cheered it on during that historic run........... but I think it's got maybe the weakest characters in Cameron's filmography (especially supporting characters). I dunno, I'd have to see it again, it's been a little while. In terms of your more general point, I'm in agreement: all of his films are pretty dang good.

I have to agree here. I havent seen Titanic in a long time, but it never struck me as a particularly great movie. Its definitely a good movie, but I dont think its on the level of some of James Camerons other work, particularly Avatar, Aliens or T2.

• Disbelief 1

There was a trailer in front my film today for Alita, and it was literally just James talking about how he loved the film and it's technical advances. There was no mention whatsoever of the fact he didn't actually direct or make it

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

There was a trailer in front my film today for Alita, and it was literally just James talking about how he loved the film and it's technical advances. There was no mention whatsoever of the fact he didn't actually direct or make it

Hahahaha.

Is it a new trailer thing or the one posted on Yahoo?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/james-cameron-way-experience-alita-battle-angel-cinemas-exclusive-135939388.html

Edited by IronJimbo

On 1/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

oh gott this killed me :hahaha:

• Like 1