The Stingray

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vs. The Dark Knight. A Stingray Showdown.

Cap 2 Vs. TDK.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • The Dark Knight

You know how those Nolanites are, BKB, creating multiple accounts to vote and shit. I hear rumors that ED, that's their ringleader, has like 3 accounts here. What's worse is, the mods let him. See, the Nolanites are vertically integrated here at Boxoffice.com (and no, that don't mean they walk around with erections all the time. Well, maybe they do, I mean who knows what those crazy f**ks are up to). One of my sources even told me that ED exchanged gifts with one of the mods (who shall remain nameless). You know, like a bribe. Now I realize I put myself in great risk and grave danger for blowing the lid off their whole operation like this (the same week that I stood up to their "champ" at the summer game), but hey, at least the truth is out there.

We, the members, represent the hope of humanity against the totalitarian power of Boxoffice.com. In discharging your duty as members of these boards, in bringing the first conviction in this house of cards against ED, 'ask not what your forums can do for you, but what you can do for your forums.' Nothing as long as you live will ever be more important. It's up to you...

I shall defend my case if needed and prove that these are all LIES. LIES! LIES!!

I'd still go with The Dark Knight. Whilst The Dark Knight lacked emotion, it was strong in acting and script. The villain also goes towards The Dark Knight, but it easily would've lost that if The Winter Soldier got more screen time (and better writing). The thing is, the script for America was pretty weak. Apart from a few good jokes, it lacked when it came to the villains. And I would also say that the first hour/hour and a half was also pretty boring.

As I said previously, The Dark Knight didn't only have a good villain, it had to good writing too. When it comes to the villains themselves (without going into writing) I'd chose Winter Soldier anyway, but sadly he was handicapped and disadvantaged by the weak script the movie had.

Edited by ChD

Yeah I love CA:TWS and it's possibly the best of the Marvel movies but it still isn't TDK.  I will agree that it is the closest to it, but I will would take TDK first.

Edited by 75live

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOWI haven't seen TDK in a while. I probably have to revisit it soon. It obviously changed my life forever (literally). At the same time, I've grown a lot as a movie-goer, so IDK how it will stack up.With that being said, as of now, TDK has CA2 beat. Sorry, but CA2 is a great comic book movie that still suffers from the biggest issues in comic book films. There are a lot of borrowed ideas (including the final set piece), a lot of predictable cliches ("trust no one"/the twist with redford/the double twist with Nick Fury) and not that many quiet/focused moments that are carried solely by emotion (yes, you have one with Natasha at the hospital and maybe one more with Cap's flashback to Buck, but compared to TDK's brilliant interrogation scene, its ending, the scene with Bruce right after Rachel's death or even that one shot with The Joker sticking his head out of that police car savoring the mayhem that he has unleashed, CA2 seems to fall flat). Moreover, even if all of these things are somehow equivalent, the acting in TDK is leagues better. You gave CA2 an 8 in acting, which actually boggles my mind. ScarJo's lines fall flat half the time in the film for it to be given a 8. 

I have just seen CA2, and yeah, good film but it is certainly not in the ballpark of any of Nolan's Batmans films.

To put it simply, The TDK trilogy is playing chess while the Marvel movies are playing checkers. Now I like a good game of checkers, but it simply doesn't have the depth that chess provides. 

I do give credit to the Marvel movies for creating a huge interconnecting web of movies that all link up with each other. That is quite the feat, and CA2 is perhaps the best of the bunch.

• Like 2

I have just seen CA2, and yeah, good film but it is certainly not in the ballpark of any of Nolan's Batmans films.

To put it simply, The TDK trilogy is playing chess while the Marvel movies are playing checkers. Now I like a good game of checkers, but it simply doesn't have the depth that chess provides. 

I do give credit to the Marvel movies for creating a huge interconnecting web of movies that all link up with each other. That is quite the feat, and CA2 is perhaps the best of the bunch.

I don't know how to play either Chess or Checkers :(

Marvel movies are not trying to play chess with the audience. That's not their intention. And truth be told, if TDK is trying to play chess, it isn't very good at it. It tries to play smart, but reveals all its moves with expository dialogue and heavy-handed messages. :)

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 1

Imo, Cap 2 and SM 2 are pretty much on the same level. Both are better than TDK. :)

Have no idea about UK box office. I live in Sweden. :mellow:

Nah, TDK script had plenty of stupid shit in it.

Captain America is now in the 10 out of 10 group;.

Its FANTASTIC!!! OMG ..  I knew it was good but its better than Iron Man 1.. And stands right up there with SM2 and TDK

as the best of the modern era of SH films... Wow

10 out of 10!!

OMG  I would have just wanted a lil more back story for the Winter Soldier. The fury Chase, the cool moments  of Cap joggin lol(Folks are going to love this!!) I think repeat business galore is going to happen. If Xmen is on this level.. This is going to be one hell of a summer!! :)

Definitely Captain is my top 5 best of the modern day SH films and in my  top 20 now. .Wow :D

Wow if you thought the moment of SM2 where he tells Mary Jane they can never be is cool wait to see

this story of awe , epicness and most of all friendship!!

"" I'm with you this ride to the end!!" -Captn!!

I doubt most would agree there. There are moments in Captain America that definitely surpass TDK, but overall

SM2, TDK, CA2 are ties overall in quality for different reasons. TDK lacks the romance and friendship factor and heartfelt moments

just as SM2 and CA lack some of that ultra realism of TDK... Sorry but  NOlans film didnt surpass SM2 or CA2..

Both are the elite for different reasons.

Yeah I love CA:TWS and it's possibly the best of the Marvel movies but it still isn't TDK.  I will agree that it is the closest to it, but I will would take TDK first.

SM2 is the most balanced of them all, CA2 comes close. TDK the most realistic one..  Each one of those films have

standout moments for me 75 buddy, but I cannot choose one over the other. All are lacking and superior in other points beyond

the rest of the heap.

Honourable mentions to MOS, BB, CA1, IRONMANN

well like I said it's hard to tell with this being the internet and all :P

Winter Solider TDK And SM2 are the only modern films of the genre that CA2'S EQUAL..

pEOPLE IN my audience cheered loudly as any of the above.. :) IF CA2 had come out in the times before SH saturation, this would be a 450+ mil film for sure. :)

Going to be interesting on where the CA2 ride ends domestically and worldwide. Lets hope it gets a mighty multiplier. Oh and Godzilla  Trailer 2 got quietness and claps at my 300-400 seat showing.. Wow

Godzilla is going to be huge if director Guy Edwards is truly like a young cameron in the making as folks are saying...

Loving it!!

Edited by Superman001

Marvel movies are not trying to play chess with the audience. That's not their intention. And truth be told, if TDK is trying to play chess, it isn't very good at it. It tries to play smart, but reveals all its moves with expository dialogue and heavy-handed messages. :)

I never said Marvel movies were trying to play chess. Thats why I generally enjoy them, they know exactly what they are and they succeed at what they are doing. But Nolan goes beyond playing checkers and he does it as well as any big budget film director has ever done IMO.

Your tastes may vary.

• Like 1