baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

With overseas, it's figure for the opening weekend (Bad Neighbours) is sometimes reported including previews from earlier weekends.  

Whatever is reported (it has nothing to do with me), whatever is reported for the weekend, is what the number will be.

Only 6 people took Neighbors to have at least a 2 million dollar Thursday.  Congrats to the 6 of you.  The rest of us have to sweat it out.

• Like 6

Only 6 people took Neighbors to have at least a 2 million dollar Thursday.  Congrats to the 6 of you.  The rest of us have to sweat it out.

Just gonna sit here and enjoy this good decision:

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

I read the SOTM2 Question as being that:1 correct answer is 8k1 incorrect answer is -5kanswer all 5 and get at any wrong -25kanswer all 5 correct is 20k, not 60k (its not 40 for 8x5 plus a 20k bonus)Was I wrong?

"Each question is worth 8000 points if you get it right."

That seems pretty clear cut and unambiguous to me.

Read the whole question again kitik.

It said

Each question is worth 8000 points if you get it right.  If you get it wrong, you lose 5000 points.  Remember, you can only choose one of the five questions.

You have the option of going for all 5.  If you choose to answer all five questions, and you are correct IN ALL 5, YOU WILL EARN 20,000 POINTS.

I think a lot of us interpreted it as "earn" 20000 points on top of the individual question points. The word "Earn" threw everyone off since it said that each question was worth 8000 points. Personally, I read it as "40k + 20k" 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

With ASM2 disappointing this weekend and Neighbors getting a lot of good buzz, this question popped inside my head, pretty much just now...I'm even making this up as I go.You have five options for this SOTM question. You can only pick one option and it is mandatory, there is no abstaining.1) Will Neighbors open to more than 40 million this weekend?2) Will Neighbors finish higher than ASM2 this weekend?3) Will Neighbors have a Thursday of more than 2 million?4) Will ASM2 fall by at least 61.9%?5) Will ASM2 have a Saturday increase of more than 55%?Each question is worth 8000 points if you get it right. If you get it wrong, you lose 5000 points. Remember, you can only choose one of the five questions.Now what would a SOTM question be without some pitfalls? :)You have the option of going for all 5. If you choose to answer all five questions, and you are correct IN ALL 5, YOU WILL EARN 20,000 POINTS.If you get even one wrong, you will lose 25,000 points. No exceptions. These all look like fairly normal questions. Do you have to balls (or the stupidity) to go for all five?Please make sure you understand the question before you answer it.Deadline is Thursday at 11:59 Tele's time (PST)Good luck!ea ok but youre missing the entire first part where it says that you can only choose one of the five questions and it is mandatory.

• Like 1

there will never be a spur of the moment question that is worth 60,000 points. Even 20,000 points is a lot to give out but I figured that you have to be perfect to get that amount and if you are then you deserve it. But 80% of the questions this year for spur of the moment will just be for normal amounts

Yeah, I read it as that too, which is exactly why I didn't go for all 5 since the reward is outweighed by the risk.

Well then what's the point? If you figure you've got 8,000 for answering 1 question, why would you gamble on losing 33,000 points (the difference between 8000 and negative 25,000) just for an additional 12,000?

That's like saying "Here's a gun, go play russian roulette. If you live, I'll give you a dollar."

It said

Each question is worth 8000 points if you get it right.  If you get it wrong, you lose 5000 points.  Remember, you can only choose one of the five questions.

You have the option of going for all 5.  If you choose to answer all five questions, and you are correct IN ALL 5, YOU WILL EARN 20,000 POINTS.

I think a lot of us interpreted it as "earn" 20000 points on top of the individual question points. The word "Earn" threw everyone off since it said that each question was worth 8000 points. Personally, I read it as "40k + 20k" 

That's the way baumer's questions always work!!

You get points for answering each question, and you get a bonus if you get them all!

It was ambiguous, which is why I asked about it several pages ago. It would have made more sense to word it as an either/or thing: Either you answer 1 question (+8000/-5000) or you answer all 5 questions (+20000/-25000).