Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to anger anyone, I'm just sick of everyone raising him to the platform that is so unrealistically high and I could think of at least 20 super heroes I like better.  

Fine, but my point was that even as a Batman fan I'd be happy not to see him or any other SH movie for a long time.

Anyway, off-topic. Great start for CA2 - and it's nice to see that a film being good can apparently increase its box office from the get-go. WOM starting in Europe definitely seems to help.

Edited by Hatebox

Really... Where was that Avengers Effect in Thor? Avengers effect my ass, by now. It died a long time ago.

I think this shows that there is an Avengers effect and it works best if the individual film is really high quality. 

There is an Avenger's effect. It's not the sole factor but it's there. Thor 2 looked like it cut itself from the Avenger's universe. CA2 has Fury and Widow too. Of IM3, Thor 2 and CA2, CA2 has the most continuity with Avengers.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Well, if we're talking pre-Thursday numbers, then I was predicting $40m OD. $45m is just a projection now.

Did' ent you predict a 90-95 mill OW? Edited by fmpro

That's fine and all, but as a long time DC fan, I need to see their properties get some well deserved respect on the big screen.

DC should just take the stick out of its butt and stop taking itself so seriously in order to succeed. Ugh, Joel Schumacher REALLY harmed them psychologically.

• Like 1

DC should just take the stick out of its butt and stop taking itself so seriously in order to succeed. Ugh, Joel Schumacher REALLY harmed them psychologically.

Unfortunately as much as I love his Batman trilogy, Nolan is also to be blamed, since the success of those said films, caused Snyder and co to think that every superhero needed to be brooding and emo.

• Like 2

What I love about Marvel is they experiment.

and while they get varied results (Thor 2, Incredible Hulk) when they win, they win big.

Experimentation also means they're portfolio is diverse which extends the life of the entire superhero genre.

• Like 5

Have read a lot of YA novels? I think there is a bias on this site against YA novels. 

Well I read part of Twilight it was garbage, Divergent was crap from what I heard, The Hunger Games which I did read some of was alright, but really most of just the young adult stuff doesn't seem to be very good.

• Like 1