Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

We got President's Day cut, they didn't want to take any Spring Break away. And I'm jealous of Minnesota since I'm a senior :/Oh, we did that, and we got waivers for two out of seven or eight days off. Still leaves a lot to make up.Also... the joys of TBS allows me to watch Red instead of seeing Cap 2 right now *cries to self*

When I was senior my school district got rid of the idea. They were letting seniors out a week early and then the next the put it back in place. You guys did have a lot of days. You close school too much.

So CA2 is looking to do atleast 90M OW? Impressive! Although the previous big April release, Fast Five had bad legs so I hope this goes atleast 3x OW. By looking at the midnight numbers, CA2 may push past 100M. Bring it on!! Hopefully that means a solo movie for Black Widow. :D

Once Winter Soldier's OD is in the books the MCU will officially pass Harry Potter as the highest grossing domestic series

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/?view=Franchise&sort=sumgross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Kind of amazing that Star Wars is still #3, without even adjusting

and MCU hasn't even finished phase 2.

They'll be untouchable by the time they finish phase 3.

I thought there would be more drama, trolling and meltdowns with that early projection. A bit disappointed tbh.

We're still in the warmup stage. People still boarding the elevator.

Before we get started...does anybody want to get out?

• Like 11

So CA2 is looking to do atleast 90M OW? Impressive! Although the previous big April release, Fast Five had bad legs so I hope this goes atleast 3x OW. By looking at the midnight numbers, CA2 may push past 100M. Bring it on!! Hopefully that means a solo movie for Black Widow. :D

CA1 had a multiplier of 2.67. The wom for CA2 can very well cancel sequelitis, but 3x is a bit much imo. (also too soon)

• Like 1

Once Winter Soldier's OD is in the books the MCU will officially pass Harry Potter as the highest grossing domestic serieshttp://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/?view=Franchise&sort=sumgross&order=DESC&p=.htmKind of amazing that Star Wars is still #3, without even adjusting

Sad : ( but Harry potter did it with less movies. Hopefully Star Wars can take it back.

How about Dat Sunday Wrestlemania/GOT affect?

But what effect does that truly have.  GOT does close to 5 million viewers most weeks ... Wrestlemania this year is hard to predict due to the WWE network, but I'd wager a high % of that audience also watches The Walking Dead each week (and that show did 12-15 million viewers), including 8-10 million a week in the 18-49 demo ... and I can't say we are noticing huge issues with Sunday drops for films of similar demos.  Thor 2 faced off with TWD and dropped about 30% that day.

I think we're overstating the effect those two events have on a Sunday drop for this film.

... and any type of basketball ratings on television are nothing in comparison to football, so I don't get the final 4 match ups tomorrow being a significant dent for TWS. 

Edited by Adam

When I was senior my school district got rid of the idea. They were letting seniors out a week early and then the next the put it back in place.You guys did have a lot of days. You close school too much.

This was the first day we've had that many. Blame the snowpocalypse

CA1 had a multiplier of 2.67. The wom for CA2 can very well cancel sequelitis, but 3x is a bit much imo. (also too soon)

Yeah I think it can do a bit better than the first's multi and hit 2.7x+. 3x is out though I'd say, if only because its late legs will suck once summer hits.

Yeah I think it can do a bit better than the first's multi and hit 2.7x+. 3x is out though I'd say, if only because its late legs will suck once summer hits.

Yeah, because whether it's good or not, Spider-Man will make big money and slow the late money coming in for Cap ... and X-Men will kill it.

2.7-2.8 off 100-110 million would be great ... could get it to 275-300, which is about 40-50 million more than I ever though possible for this film.

• Like 1

This was the first day we've had that many. Blame the snowpocalypse

Minnesota is prefer good at plowing but there a couple if snow days Most days off here was because of wind chill below -50. I wish my work would have snow days.

Minnesota is prefer good at plowing but there a couple if snow days Most days off here was because of wind chill below -50. I wish my work would have snow days.

How much snow did you guys get ... we got next to nothing this time in South Dakota.