Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Tele, it really isn't as bad as you said it was.As for the mid credits, can someone explain to me wtf that was. No clue who or what was going on. I didn't bother to stay for the after credits scene.

spoilered since the weekend is not over

Baron von Strucker, a top-tier HYDRA guy with a badass monocle (but apparently he plans on going his own way since he says HYDRA and SHIELD are two sides of the same coin) has possession of Loki's staff and has been running experiments on a number of people, the only survivors being Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, who are the super anti-heroes Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (the twins shown in the clip). Quicksilver is super fast. Scarlet Witch can fuck with reality, the scale of which she can do so depends on the particular writer of the comic she is in.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

heroes was a traumatic experience. thinking about the first season everyone liked so much, the warning signs were totally there. we all just ignored them.

As the book "The revolution was televised" put it - Heroes spent it's whole season building up to an epic clash between 2 superpowered humans which turned out to be one guy hitting another with a parking meter. After the season 1 finale, it was all downhill.

• Like 1

you must've taken a long break from watching tv then.

Not sure why you would say that.  You like what you like others have their preference.  I thought the prison battle with Hershall losing his head was about as epic as it gets.  You feel otherwise, your prerogative.  

• Like 1

I think TWD is utterly fantastic.  I love how they ended season three, best episode of TV I've seen since the 70's.

Aren't you talking about the mid season finale of season 4?

• Like 3

Not sure why you would say that.  You like what you like others have their preference.  I thought the prison battle with Hershall losing his head was about as epic as it gets.  You feel otherwise, your prerogative.  

Yeah, I noticed you were making a mistake. That isn't the ending of season 3. That is the mid season finale of season 4.

That makes sense I guess. I just don't know much about that 1 dude.

Basically,

he's a bad guy and he has Loki's staff and he's gonna try and use those twins against the Avengers

• Like 1

Just checked a few theaters around me, and at least in the LA area there seems to be a rejection of 3D. The 3D shows (apart from IMAX) are less than 25% full, in comparison the 2D shows are 50% or more full.

Will be interesting to see the 3D percentage for the weekend if they release it, consumers seem to have gotten smart to tell whether 3D is worth the extra 4$ or not.

• Like 2

Just checked a few theaters around me, and at least in the LA area there seems to be a rejection of 3D. The 3D shows (apart from IMAX) are less than 25% full, in comparison the 2D shows are 50% or more full.

Will be interesting to see the 3D percentage for the weekend if they release it, consumers seem to have gotten smart to tell whether 3D is worth the extra 4$ or not.

I saw it in 3D.  I have no idea where the 3D was in the film.  I usually don't see it anything in 3D, big waste of money imo.

• Like 2

Plenty of audience trial and error since Avatar.

• Like 2