Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

pinocchio is a failure of a poster. Wonder what he feels like about the fact that Nolan's Batman is the most successful trilogy ever made in the States and the fact that probably no 2D film will reach 1 billion for a long time. Only Nolan can do that. Also TDKR is beating TDK OS and matching TA in admission. Have a nice day Swiss bud.

• Like 1

pinocchio is a failure of a poster. Wonder what he feels like about the fact that Nolan's Batman is the most successful trilogy ever made in the States and the fact that probably no 2D film will reach 1 billion for a long time. Only Nolan can do that. Also TDKR is beating TDK OS and matching TA in admission. Have a nice day Swiss bud.

Yeah, some men just want to watch the world burnI dont know why people get deaf and blind with facts

No.Around 600M without China.

I think that's too high. TDKR has done 35 million last weekend. Let's say a x3 multiplier since now, so it would do another 70 million in current territories. That would put the total in 515, without Italy and China. TDK did 13.8 million in Italy. In my opinion, we could have 530 without China
  • Like 1

I think that's too high. TDKR has done 35 million last weekend. Let's say a x3 multiplier since now, so it would do another 70 million in current territories. That would put the total in 515, without Italy and China. TDK did 13.8 million in Italy. In my opinion, we could have 530 without China

Good point, thanks.

Good point, thanks.

You're welcome. In the beginning I thought it could chalenge 600 without China, but it's obvious it has dropped faster than we had thought. And TDKR has a problem in China. According China forum, TDKR and TASM will be released the same day (8.27). Next week, Prometheus. Next, Expendables 2. And next, both Bourne and Total Recall. This can cut the possible legs TDKR could have had. Some predictions were giving 80 and even 100 million in China for TDKR, but I think it must be glad if it gets 50, so TDKR will surpass 1 billion WW, but barely (1.02-1.03)

You're welcome. In the beginning I thought it could chalenge 600 without China, but it's obvious it has dropped faster than we had thought. And TDKR has a problem in China. According China forum, TDKR and TASM will be released the same day (8.27). Next week, Prometheus. Next, Expendables 2. And next, both Bourne and Total Recall. This can cut the possible legs TDKR could have had. Some predictions were giving 80 and even 100 million in China for TDKR, but I think it must be glad if it gets 50, so TDKR will surpass 1 billion WW, but barely (1.02-1.03)

The Olympics might have an effect, maybe late legs will be strong.

On the contrary, it should easily clear 550m without China.

On the contrary, it should easily clear 550m without China.

I wish you're right, but I think it will be tough to get. I think there are not more countries where TDKR has still to be released (excepting Italy and China). One example: the 22-24 August 2008 weekend, TDK did 34.7 million (very similar to last TDKR weekend). TDK grossed another 86 million since that point (Italy had aready been released). If TDKR follows the same pattern than TDK and adding 15 million from Italy (that 2008 weekend, Italy had already grossed 13 million, its total), TDKR would make another 101 million, to 546. It can be close to 550, but TDKR needs the same drops than TDK. And even in that case I don't see it can be as easy as you say. But, again, I wish you are right ^_^
  • Like 1

I wish you're right, but I think it will be tough to get. I think there are not more countries where TDKR has still to be released (excepting Italy and China). One example: the 22-24 August 2008 weekend, TDK did 34.7 million (very similar to last TDKR weekend). TDK grossed another 86 million since that point (Italy had aready been released). If TDKR follows the same pattern than TDK and adding 15 million from Italy (that 2008 weekend, Italy had already grossed 13 million, its total), TDKR would make another 101 million, to 546. It can be close to 550, but TDKR needs the same drops than TDK. And even in that case I don't see it can be as easy as you say. But, again, I wish you are right ^_^

1. Obon boost has yet to happen for TDKR.2. The TDK weekend you mentioned was 2 weeks later in summer, hence less summer weekdays.3. The TDK weekend you mentioned included the opening in Germany (which dropped 55% the following weekend). Furthermore last weekend was for TDKR was deflated by olympics. TDKR therefore should have comparatively better drop this weekend.3. UAE, Greece and Italian-speaking-Switzerland have yet to open too which will contribute 7-10M..

1. Obon boost has yet to happen for TDKR.2. The TDK weekend you mentioned was 2 weeks later in summer, hence less summer weekdays.3. The TDK weekend you mentioned included the opening in Germany (which dropped 55% the following weekend). Furthermore last weekend was for TDKR was deflated by olympics. TDKR therefore should have comparatively better drop this weekend.3. UAE, Greece and Italian-speaking-Switzerland have yet to open too which will contribute 7-10M..

You have convinced me :) . I'm conscious that it's quite difficult to compare TDK and TDKR because many countries have opened in a different weekend than TDK did. My point with that weekend is that 22-24 Aug in 2008 was the last weekend of Beijing Olympics, so the effect could be similar to last one, but your arguments are more solid than mine ;)

You have convinced me :) . I'm conscious that it's quite difficult to compare TDK and TDKR because many countries have opened in a different weekend than TDK did. My point with that weekend is that 22-24 Aug in 2008 was the last weekend of Beijing Olympics, so the effect could be similar to last one, but your arguments are more solid than mine ;)

Events in Beijing Olympics took place in morning and noon time for Europe. So the effect wasn't as pronounced.Also, the last weekend had extremely pleasing weather in Europe so box office was affected.IMO, TDKR will drop around 40% (if not better) this weekend while the drop for TDK was 45%.
  • Like 1