Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Events in Beijing Olympics took place in morning and noon time for Europe. So the effect wasn't as pronounced.Also, the last weekend had extremely pleasing weather in Europe so box office was affected.IMO, TDKR will drop around 40% (if not better) this weekend while the drop for TDK was 45%.

Weather is supposed to be really hot in France and UK again this weekend.Also, not sure how good of drops we can expect from Japan when it so far has been dropping pretty poorly, but you're spot on otherwise

TDKR should be close to 490M OS this weekend.Domestic could come close to 410M, so 900m WW may be achieved this weekend.

I doubt that. Domestic would be $407-408M + max $485M OS ($490M not gonna happen IMO) = $89?M and will be close to 900WW.

According BOM TDKR have already outgrossed Avengers in Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Nigeria, Norway, Slovenia and Sweden

From now, I just especulate, but I think next lists could be close to final situation (correct me if you think I'm wrong):

TDKR will outgross TA in Belgium, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia and United Kingdom

TDKR will match TA admissions but not outgross in Australia, Hong Kong, India, South Korea and Turkey

TA wins both admissions and gross in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Czech Rep, East Africa, Ecuador, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Ukraine, Uruguay and Venezuela

There are some countries TDKR or TA (Japan) have still not been released but seeing what TDK did we could conclude that:

TDKR will win in Greece, Egypt and China

TA will win in Italy and Japan (according first projections)

TA wins in gross in China, but we could have a draw in admissions.

We can conclude that, in general, Europe prefers TDKR and both Asia and South America prefers TA

• Like 4

TDKR will not pass TA's admissions in HK and SK.

As I said in my post, I just speculate. And I don't if BOM numbers are completely updated. It says that Avengers has grossed 50 million and TDKR has grossed 40 in SK. If TDKR reaches 45 million, I think admissions would matched. Anyway, we can consider SK a draw.Avengers have grossed 12.4 million and TDKR 9.3 in Hong Kong. TDK did 1 million more since a lower 4th weelend than TDKR's. If TDKR can make about 1.2-1.4 million more, we could have a draw in admissions (I suppose in all the cases a 15% increase because of 3D)I have done the calculations very quickly so I will have commited some mistakes, but I don't think the situation I have given is too far from reality.

As I said in my post, I just speculate. And I don't if BOM numbers are completely updated. It says that Avengers has grossed 50 million and TDKR has grossed 40 in SK. If TDKR reaches 45 million, I think admissions would matched. Anyway, we can consider SK a draw.Avengers have grossed 12.4 million and TDKR 9.3 in Hong Kong. TDK did 1 million more since a lower 4th weelend than TDKR's. If TDKR can make about 1.2-1.4 million more, we could have a draw in admissions (I suppose in all the cases a 15% increase because of 3D)I have done the calculations very quickly so I will have commited some mistakes, but I don't think the situation I have given is too far from reality.

Actually in SK and HK, the websites update both grosses and admissions everyday.TDKR loses to TA both in gross and admissions in both markets.

We can conclude that, in general, Europe prefers TDKR and both Asia and South America prefers TA

Makes sense and was the likely outcome of the TA vs TDKR battle.Asia and S.America prefer 3D and action event movies way more than Europe.