baumer

Some men just want to watch.... TDKR (The Amazing Baumer Transformation Thread)

Cut Talia out of the thing entirely, make Bane the independent main villain with no backstory, get rid of stupid shit like Blake knowing who Batman is, flesh out Bruce and Selina's relationship a bit more, and there you're already MUCH closer to having a really good, not overly messy 150-minute film. I mean, sure, I know, who am I to tell Nolan how to make movies and all that. But I can't help it, to me it's just so damn obvious. 

• Like 1

Damn this was an awesome read going through the whole thread and I didn't even knew it started out from the TASM thread, nice. Great thread and it makes you wanna like every post in this thread, but as I loved this movie and in general Nolan's Batman, there are some negative posts I can't like as a fan, but I loved reading them and they made me laugh so thanks to everyone who contributed in to making this thread as awesome as it is. I can believe that Baumer can change his mind about a movie, because he is open minded person who gives every movie a chance before he judges it. I hope you never change your view on Citizen Kane and TASM, because they are really awful movies and I wish I never have to see them again in this life and the next one. Lol!!!!

• Like 5

Great thread and it makes you wanna like every post in this thread, but as I loved this movie and in general Nolan's Batman, there are some negative posts I can't like as a fan,

Great post and I really wanted to like it, but because I love movies and in general great movies, I can't like a post that insults Citizen Kane. :P

• Like 2

To be fair, Nolan might have had ideas(or would have eventually developed them) around Ledger in the 3rd installment. If Joker was present in TDKR, a character like Talia and some other parts of the story would have been edited/cut/never considered. Can you imagine Joker, Bane and Catwoman in the pic..ZOMG..

Edited by a2knet

To be fair, Nolan might have had ideas(or would have eventually developed them) around Ledger in the 3rd installment. If Joker was present in TDKR, a character like Talia and some other parts of the story would have been edited/cut/never considered. Can you imagine Joker, Bane and Catwoman in the pic..ZOMG..

It's obvious Nolan got an initial third entry plan involving Joker's character. TDKR was the unfortunate plan B trying to harkening back to BB instead. (Do you really think in that universe they'd let Joker getting out of the prison roaming free after Bane's takeover and nobody would care what he is up to especially after the events depicted in TDK?)

I originally gave TDKR a 6.  All of the poorly written plot pieces bugged the hell out of me.  Well none of those plot pieces have changed, they are still really dumb, but as many of said about the film before, you can overlook them when the film has a grip on you.  I had no intention of ever watching this film again.  But then my brother in law (who I guess is just a friend now) gave me a copy of it along with about another 100 films.  He does this for me every 3 months.  That's about how little we get to see each other now.  I digress.  So I've watched all kinds of films in the last two weeks, mostly straight to DVD films like The Paperboy, The Factory, For a Good Time Call and so on.  And then last night, there was a lot of commotion in the house, so instead of watching a new film, I decided to watch TDKR again.  

When I saw it in 2012, even the beginning bothered me.  The tone was set right away and it never recovered.  I picked apart the movie from minute one.  Then I saw it again two days later, and still didn't like it.

Apparently time can heal all wounds because seeing it last night, the tone of the film really felt different this time.  The music felt like it made the film a dark and almost ominous experience.  I liked the theme of the rich paying a price for all of their greed and opulence.  I liked Catwoman SOOOO much better this time.  Her motives, her look and her speech.  The Stock Exchange robbery and the Bruce Wayne lost fortune was still really dumb and there were still a lot of dumb things in the movie.  But they didn't bother me.  The film just resonated with me this time.  And dammit I even got a little choked up when he told Catwoman that he hadn't given the people everything, not yet.  

This is still not as good as TDK, which in my eyes is a masterpiece and the true best picture of 2008 but I'll definitely bump it from a 6 to an 8.5.  I'm glad I saw it again.

As for Citizen Kane, that opinion will never change as I've already seen it 4 times.  

ASM won't change either because it's just a rip off of the series that came out 5 years previous.

Thanks for making a separate thread for this, it's kind of funny.  

Posted Image

• Like 4

I originally gave TDKR a 6.  All of the poorly written plot pieces bugged the hell out of me.  Well none of those plot pieces have changed, they are still really dumb, but as many of said about the film before, you can overlook them when the film has a grip on you.  I had no intention of ever watching this film again.  But then my brother in law (who I guess is just a friend now) gave me a copy of it along with about another 100 films.  He does this for me every 3 months.  That's about how little we get to see each other now.  I digress.  So I've watched all kinds of films in the last two weeks, mostly straight to DVD films like The Paperboy, The Factory, For a Good Time Call and so on.  And then last night, there was a lot of commotion in the house, so instead of watching a new film, I decided to watch TDKR again.  

When I saw it in 2012, even the beginning bothered me.  The tone was set right away and it never recovered.  I picked apart the movie from minute one.  Then I saw it again two days later, and still didn't like it.

Apparently time can heal all wounds because seeing it last night, the tone of the film really felt different this time.  The music felt like it made the film a dark and almost ominous experience.  I liked the theme of the rich paying a price for all of their greed and opulence.  I liked Catwoman SOOOO much better this time.  Her motives, her look and her speech.  The Stock Exchange robbery and the Bruce Wayne lost fortune was still really dumb and there were still a lot of dumb things in the movie.  But they didn't bother me.  The film just resonated with me this time.  And dammit I even got a little choked up when he told Catwoman that he hadn't given the people everything, not yet.  

This is still not as good as TDK, which in my eyes is a masterpiece and the true best picture of 2008 but I'll definitely bump it from a 6 to an 8.5.  I'm glad I saw it again.

As for Citizen Kane, that opinion will never change as I've already seen it 4 times.  

ASM won't change either because it's just a rip off of the series that came out 5 years previous.

Thanks for making a separate thread for this, it's kind of funny.  

Posted Image

Bravo baumer.  B)

Edited by Empire
  • Like 5

What if Baumer is doing some convoluted 2 year plan to mess with us to further crush our Nolanite morale?

You see, it's the slow knife... the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between the bones... that's the knife that cuts deepest.

• Like 10

I know. That keyboard is hella dusty. I can only imagine his room.

Don't have a room right now.  I'm living with my brother, in his basement until my life gets turned around a bit.

And don't worry, I just watched the first 30 minutes of ASM and had to turn it off.  It still sucks.  Emma in those high socks is kind of hot though.

• Like 4