Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

It's still a cinematic staple whether people flip flops or not in their liking, it doesn't change the crowning achievement to make it. Don't worry insiders didn't forget about Gravity, especially Ridley Scott who took notes visually speaking (just like he took notes from Avatar to make Prometheus, especially in regard of stereoscopic visuals). You can bet there is a long take in this movie just to ape Gravity's dazzling cinematography. And that is more testifying of Gravity's lasting impression than Joe Schmoe talking shit about it 2 years after.

Oh zip it, it managed to make a short movie still boring. On a technical level sure, its a great achievement but its very hollow which ultimately makes it very forgettable. And what does Avatar have to do with Gravity being boring as fuck? Gravity is that film that was good on the big screen but proves to be a chore to sit through in your living room. After half an hour into a re-watch it forces you to turn it off, never has such a short movie seemed so damn looooong.

As for the long shots, its not like Cuaron invented that style lol, Spielberg does it better, hell Cauron did it better in Children of Men, a film that easily surpasses Gravity.

Edited by jessie

Oh zip it, it managed to make a short movie still boring. On a technical level sure, its a great achievement but its very hollow which ultimately makes it very forgettable. And what does Avatar have to do with Gravity being boring as fuck? Gravity is that film that was good on the big screen but proves to be a chore to sit through in your living room. After half an hour into a re-watch it forces you to turn it off, never has such a short movie seemed so damn looooong.

As for the long shots, its not like Cuaron invented that style lol, Spielberg does it better, hell Cauron did it better in Children of Men, a film that easily surpasses Gravity.

Don't assume everyone else is in the same boat then because you just sound like those that say nobody loved and everyone forgot about Avatar once it hit HV assuming their opinion is universal.

Stop being dense dude. Long shots in a scifi movie set in space. There is a before and after Gravity.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 3

Don't assume everyone else is in the same boat then because you just sound like those that say nobody loved and everyone forgot about Avatar once it hit HV assuming their opinion is universal.

Stop being dense dude. Long shots in a scifi movie set in space. There is a before and after Gravity.

I can't help being dense, I still had a few more hours of work left and when im finished I still have to go to the gym, then go home and make dinner. Im always a grumpy bastard until all of the above is complete and I can put my feat up, have a little smoke and turn happy again.

I can't help being dense, I still had a few more hours of work left and when im finished I still have to go to the gym, then go home and make dinner. Im always a grumpy bastard until all of the above is complete and I can put my feat up, have a little smoke and turn happy again.

7d54e50fde764c5d82737454ae1ea0fd60ffc4ba

• Like 1

This is starting to look more like a boring Ridley movie like Exodus rather than an intriguing one like Prometheus. Either way, I still don't expect any kind of WOM for this thing.

Prometheus is one of the worst recent sci fi movies (maybe even worse than Interstellar). We could write pages on why it was so bad.

Exodus is as good a Biblical epic as humanly possible (and a beautiful movie).

Prometheus is one of the worst recent sci fi movies (maybe even worse than Interstellar). We could write pages on why it was so bad.

Exodus is as good a Biblical epic as humanly possible (and a beautiful movie).

I agree and disagree.

Exodus is...fine, a interesting rebelling that doesn't quite do anything interesting to set itself apart. And is t Christian enough to fire that base. I think (I'm not Christian, what do I know, cept that it didn't).

Prometheus is an awesome, stupid, beautiful, poorly written, atmospherically engaging piece of omg it's not good but I like it anyway I'm so conflicted. But still better than Alien Ressurection in every way.

Like...I don't think it's terrible like you say....but I understand.

Even though...Space Jesus. The movie is about Space Jesus. I'm all about Space Jesus.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

I agree and disagree.

Exodus is...fine, a interesting rebelling that doesn't quite do anything interesting to set itself apart. And is t Christian enough to fire that base. I think (I'm not Christian, what do I know, cept that it didn't).

Prometheus is an awesome, stupid, beautiful, poorly written, atmospherically engaging piece of omg it's not good but I like it anyway I'm so conflicted. But still better than Alien Ressurection in every way.

Like...I don't think it's terrible like you say....but I understand.

Even though...Space Jesus. The movie is about Space Jesus. I'm all about Space Jesus.

I think Catwoman has a better script than Prometheus.

And I only saw 10 minutes of Catwoman.

I only stayed for the visuals (VFX,production design) of Prometheus.

Prometheus is so tonally & conceptually inept, all over the place.

And don't get me started on that crew, they are either completely stupid or insufferable or both.

• Like 1

This is starting to look more like a boring Ridley movie like Exodus rather than an intriguing one like Prometheus. Either way, I still don't expect any kind of WOM for this thing.

Then you clearly haven't read the book. WOM will be brilliant if they don't fuck this up.

• Like 1