Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

DO NOT SCREW THIS UP RIDLEY PLEASE

Hype through the bloody roof. This looks incredible. Probably tied with if not overtaking SPECTRE as my #1 most anticipated of the year. And I even forgot this movie was even being released this year!

Now only question remains...what's with the two 2-minute "alternates" hitting theatres this weekend....the lack of green band in front of this means this 3-minute version is online-only. They're splitting this one big trailer up in some way, interesting to see what Fox have done.

P.S. also dat MAD MAX SDCC TRAILER MUSIC

Edited by antovolk

Yeah, I wikipedia'ed him and it's Arthur Max himself behind production design in this. Well, I liked almost* everything visually about Prometheus, so, I'm fine with similiarities.

*almost - I did not liked the overly 'mechanised' biomechanical design of alien ship.

That's more H.R. Giger than Max, who did pretty much everything non-alien in that film.

Disagree. Max put his own touch to Giger works from Alien series. And Max made them far less awesome, he took those beautiful biomechanical designs:

enhanced-buzz-wide-22970-1399975888-7.jp

wpid-alien-corridor-hr-giger-jpg1.jpeg

alien05.jpg

And made them much more mechanical-biomechanical.

spacejockeys.jpg

prometheus-trailer-space-jockey.jpg

VCxwj.jpg

Differences are mild, but visible (those walls...), and even Ridley and Arthur spoke about this in many interviews.

http://diymag.com/archive/interview-prometheus-production-designer-arthur-max

Edited by Charism