Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

Nah, even if they change up the book considerably it'll still be fine.

Besides, I enjoyed PROMETHEUS.

I did too, but I could see The Martian potentially being a little-bit of a letdown. Still, I have hope it'll be good. 

Edited by Insidearcher

what is AWF?

The loonies who obsess over every award that exist ( like we obsess about BO), especially the oscars, Awards Watch Forum.

They already know Carey Mulligan is winning for Suffragette.

No kidding though, they know their shit when it comes to oscars, as a collective, they are better than any Oscar pundit out there.

• Like 2

The loonies who obsess over every award that exist ( like we obsess about BO), especially the oscars, Awards Watch Forum.

They already know Carey Mulligan is winning for Suffragette.

No kidding though, they know their shit when it comes to oscars, as a collective, they are better than any Oscar pundit out there.

Got it.

Their reactions doesn't bode well for the film then :unsure:

Edited by Goffe

I will be satisfied if this as great as Prometheus :shades:

Seriously.

And from a BO standpoint, Prometheus numbers would great for this.

And of course, from a BO standpoint, a lot of times marketing matters just as much as the finished product, and so far the marketing seems to be really good. Lots of posiitive buzz and chatter for this film, that first trailer was well-received.

They have their moments but I can't keep track of them. They'll collectively hate an actor or actress, then some outliers will 'ironically' stan for said person, but eventually they end up really stanning. I don't get it. They love Melissa Leo and Redmayne because they're desperate.

They're a great source of gifs though.

Edited by ddddeeee

Carey Mulligan?  What about Lawrence, AWF? Don't count her out.  

Melissa Leo for Snowden and Redmayne for that transgender movie that I can't name now.  

Anyways, I think it bodes well for the general public.  If they are saying its good, it could make some money.  Also, depending how many books are sold, it could gain a good solid base.  P

Prometheus was ok.  A good one-time viewing.  

Carey Mulligan?  What about Lawrence, AWF? Don't count her out.  

Melissa Leo for Snowden and Redmayne for that transgender movie that I can't name now.  

Anyways, I think it bodes well for the general public.  If they are saying its good, it could make some money.  Also, depending how many books are sold, it could gain a good solid base.  P

Prometheus was ok.  A good one-time viewing.  

AWF generally think JLaw will get nominated but she's already won Best Actress and will be just 25 next spring. Plus, can the Miracle Mop conquer women's suffrage (with a Streep cameo)? Posters change their minds as the year goes on and movies are reviewed and the season kicks off in the fall, so the summer's "locks" fade away, just like how here, movies are "locks" to be box-office hits or flops and the story changes once they're released. AWF is like any other place online, there's a culture there and it's not for everyone. You can either take it seriously or just laugh at that poster who refuses to type out Kate Winslet's name.

The release date being moved up seems like good news, though it's more a straight swap and the old date wasn't horrible by any means.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

My wife liked the trailer and started reading the novel. She is loving the novel right now. Seriously Ridley, don't screw this up, this should be the easiest slam dunk ever but after the past decade of Ridley Scott movies, who knows anymore.

Someone on the Martian board on Imbd saw it and said it was just as good as Interstellar and Gravity but in different ways, the humor of Watney and his ingenuity mainly.  Another person commented and really liked it too.  Awards watch (on imdb) and AWF are definitely biased against certain people and stan (am I using this word right?) for others.  I don't take anything they say too seriously regarding quality of films until later on in the year. 

To me, the moving up in the schedule is the best signal of quality. Also, it was a very rough cut at the screening, and not very long after they wrapped filming.  Scott will tinker with it some more and get the visuals done and it will probably be an awesome movie.  I have a good feeling about this one. 

• Like 2