Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

“I went in to meet [Ridley Scott], then I signed on really quickly. I went in and I said, I really love this script, but my only hesitation is I’ve just done ‘Interstellar’, in which I played a dude stranded on a planet, it might be weird if, after taking a year and a half off, I played another dude stranded on a planet," Damon said. "I explained ‘Interstellar’ to him, and he said ‘The movies are totally f***ing different, this is going to be f***ing fun. Let’s do this!’ He was so infectious, I couldn’t really say no to him.”
  • Like 2

Now reading

tpBFbZB.jpg

50 pages in, really good so far. The book shocked me with how quickly it stranded him on Mars, the setup is dispensed with in the first 4 pages. The portions on Earth are also well written.

lol, I picked the book up from the library at around 6:30 PM today. It's 11:30 now. On pg 216.

• Like 2

So in other words, get ready for THE MARTIAN to be a big hit. :ph34r:

Apparently there was a workprint test screening of this a few days before FOX moved it up 2 months, they might be sensing a winner.  And Jeff Sneider tweeted a few days ago that hes hearing it may debut at TIFF if Damon's Bourne schedule allows for him to be there.  It'd be nice if this did the novel justice.

• Like 1