John Marston

Edge of Tomorrow OS Thread

350 mill WW is max as this point. 325 mill is more likely.Not good with a 178 mill budgetDoubt that WB will see $ from this movie

I think it could easily do $40M+ in Japan, so I don't think $350M is the max at all, it could conceivably hit $400M.

• Like 1

So ....will this movie be remembered after 20 years as an epic sci-fi just like Blade Runner? :D

I highly doubt it (and I loved the film).

I do however think that something will happen akin to what happened with Dredd. So there will be months of people praising it and questioning why they didn't see it in the cinema (and why, oh why, did it flop!!??) and then it will sell like hotcakes on DVD/Blu-ray.

Even if that were the case, they've only themselves to blame for their utter incompetence for dealing with film.

Nothing seems wrong with movie itself. Marketing on the other hand.......

screendaily:

"With Edge Of Tomorrow not scheduled to debut in any new markets this weekend the pressure is on Warner Bros’ sci-fi to pull away from its $140m perch towards the $200m mark.

The Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt release has earned excellent reviews but has struggled to sparkle at the box office. The number three North American debut last weekend failed to impress and has left the film on $38.2m for an early worldwide tally of $178.2m.

International results have been strong in Asia but muted in many other parts. It is only early days however and it will be intriguing to see if the film’s quality leads to strong second sessions."

• Like 3