kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS (04.09.2014)

More than likely to hit 40M+ this weekend but less than 40M is still a possibility.

:stirthepot:

I think less than 40 is pretty much an impossibility.  I don't see any reason why this would drop 60%.

• Like 3

I think less than 40 is pretty much an impossibility.  I don't see any reason why this would drop 60%.

I'm expecting the drop to be softer than expected. People are already forgetting CA2 OW went up against Final Four, Wrestlemania AND Game of Thrones S4 premiere. ;)

I'm expecting the drop to be softer than expected. People are already forgetting CA2 OW went up against Final Four, Wrestlemania AND Game of Thrones S4 premiere. ;)

Yes, but a 55% drop is still very good.

to go below 40m you got to lowball it a lot..starting with a 10% drop on thursday to 4.3m (Avengers and IM1,2,3 fell 6-9% from wed)

then,

11(+155%) + 17(+55%) + 11.5(-32%) = 39.5 

that is the least it can go and very pessimistic considering the reviews and reception.

user reception is stuck on 95% on RT..got to count for something.

Edited by a2knet

Why is everyone so hung up on Rio's reviews ? It is a sequel that will appeal to kids and the reviews are about as irrelevant as they can be.

I'm just thinking that it won't have normal animated movie legs after its opening weekend.  Right now it has dropped to 51% on RT, which is terrible for an animated/family film.  You wonder how much it will drop over the 3-day Easter weekend.  I'd say the movie is looking like a 40/112.

I'm just thinking that it won't have normal animated movie legs after its opening weekend.  Right now it has dropped to 51% on RT, which is terrible for an animated/family film.  You wonder how much it will drop over the 3-day Easter weekend.  I'd say the movie is looking like a 40/112.

reviews never came in nut job's way :) . may be they did, but a multiplier of 3.0 for a bad animated movie is not uncommon. though being a sequel, Rio 2's legs could be curtailed a little more. 40/112 (multiplier of 2.8) could certainly happen.

Edited by a2knet

I'm still surprised that Rio 2 is being predicted so high. This movie had no buzz a month ago. 

40m seems high...but if you think about it as opening twice as high as Nut Job, it seems ok ^_^ . I think less than 35m would be a disappointment. Cloudy 2 opened to 34m. They should at least cross that.

Edited by a2knet

Rio will do just fine. I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't hit 40M.

That said, I love this review that I just saw on rottentomatoes. After watching parts of the first one with my nieces, this is exactly what I expect from the second:

"Like an obnoxious relative at a family gathering, Rio 2 grabs you by the arm and insists you're having fun, even when you both know you're not."

• Like 1

CA2 was so damn good that I give 0 Fucks what this movie makes and conceed that no MARVEL solo movie will make 400M Domestic like I thought, at least it won't without RDJ in it, even a cameo which they should've shoehorned him into the after-credit somehow.. Perhaps have him watching TV at home having a martini while seeing what's been going down with his fellow team mate??? However, I'm still sticking very strongly to TA2 breaking it's OW Number, but not by much or the WW number for that matter... 1.5B is a hard number to achieve and to expect TA2 to hit 2B really doesn't seem logical..

Finally. This post needs to be celebrated yearly.

• Like 2

Much like the first film, Rio will have the problem of coming out in an over saturated family market. Rio 1 did have to deal with leftovers from Hop, Rango, and Wimpy Kid 2, while Rio 2 is coming off the heels of LEGO, Mr. Peabody, Muppets, and (to a lesser, but different extent) Captain America. I could see a scenario where Cap wins this weekend, but Rio wins the next (two?)

• Like 2