Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

I think King Arthur has an enormous, albeit latent, potential fanbase. Though I didn't like what Ritchie did with SHERLOCK HOLMES, that character was in a similar state prior to the WB re-imagining.

Last KING ARTHUR, although reasonable well done, only did $50M+ in 2004. TROY & 300 are famous tales, have considerable built-in audience, but both also are invested in massive battle sequences, and meticulously choreographed fight scenes for the genre fans, i.e. commercial hooks. A more serious, historical ALEXANDER did atrocious business in 2004. I really like ALEXANDER though, I thought Stone was a little too ambitious, and let the plot sprawl out instead of, maybe, focusing on the grudge match between Alexander & King Darius. But how Alexander strategizes his troops against a larger Persian armies is pretty accurately depicted and well staged. I wonder how 300 will turn out if a more serious filmmaker like Michael Mann handles the project. It was reported Mann was supposed to do the 300 story based on a NYT bestseller called GATES OF FIRE, not Miller's comics. I wish the filmmakers of 300 would do away with the deformed monsters, cartoonish villains, and florid speeches and just focus on history & realistic action. I really like History Channel series, VIKINGS, for instance. A series done with intelligence while not forgetting to entertain the audience. 

• Like 1

Oh, I am very serious all right. Do you have anything else to comment on that apart from that over used 'meme'? No? All right.

I do. So fail on that. Anyways its 2 years out as we know dates change all the time. There is a month called November that worked well for WB in the past ya know.

I do. So fail on that. Anyways its 2 years out as we know dates change all the time. There is a month called November that worked well for WB in the past ya know.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you need a push to come out of your shell. Or that you're an amnesiac and I had to remember the commenting part for you.

And secondly, I'm saying they're using that movie to try and scare Marvel. I never said it's official, hence the '(TRY TO NOTICE THE APOSTROPHE) CONFIRMATION' they're not moving Batman and Superman. They're just trying to scare them away.

Oh, I don't know anything about November. Why don't ya tell me more. I'm really curious about it. Do Flying Unicorns live there? 

I'm sorry, I didn't know you need a push to come out of your shell. Or that you're an amnesiac and I had to remember the commenting part for you.

And secondly, I'm saying they're using that movie to try and scare Marvel. I never said it's official, hence the '(TRY TO NOTICE THE APOSTROPHE) CONFIRMATION' they're not moving Batman and Superman. They're just trying to scare them away.

Oh, I don't know anything about November. Why don't ya tell me more. I'm really curious about it. Do Flying Unicorns live there? 

Shell? For some its obvious I guess you need it spelled out. I thought it was obvious and the meme was enough guess over your head. Nah, just read my post again might help there. LOL.

Shell? For some its obvious I guess you need it spelled out. I thought it was obvious and the meme was enough guess over your head. Nah, just read my post again might help there. LOL.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that from your post, but I thought you'd be mentally capable to recognize apostrophes that were on both sides of that freaking word. Apologies.

Only the first one will actually end up getting made, if even that.

Yea, I really liked the 2004 version by Antoine Fuqua.  Unfortunately it didn't make money which brings into question the financial viability of the Arthur story.  Of course, Ritchie and crew did make Sherlock a big money maker.  

Still, six films?  There's probably enough story there.  My interest is piqued.

This isn't going to pull that grimdark "realistic take" bullshit so many movies do, is it? Give me the fantasy element goddammit.Do it Guy Ritchie. You know fantasy...you married Madonna and thought it would work...

Ha ha. lol