Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Captain America fans have nothing to feel bad about really. Barring some disastrous holds it's going to beat Thor 2, which is a big accomplishment seeing as how I'd say Thor/Loki were far more liked and impacting in TA over Cap. OS is a massive improvement over the first one. They also got a movie that got rave reviews and most fans seem to love. 60%+ drop or not this weekend, TWS has an impressive showing.

I agree…and lets be honest here. Isn't the point is if it was well liked and received by most of the fans?  I mean, a movie called "Captain America" might be a hard sell in some areas around the world for basic reasons that we all might like to ignore but they're there.  The movie is doing amazing…I don't think huge marvel fanboys or cap fanboys should be disappointed.  Pretty much everyone I've seen it with thought it was a really fun/good movie, me included, and it'll hang around for awhile.  Cap2 is doing great. geez people. 

• Like 1

Rule number one: CBM movies are never getting great legs, no matter reviews/WOM.

Uhm, The Dark Knight? I mean, accomplishing a x3 multiplier after a $158M OW is quite the achievement. I'd call those great legs.

• Like 4

Uhm, The Dark Knight? I mean, accomplishing a x3 multiplier after a $158M OW is quite the achievement. I'd call those great legs.

THE AVENGERS, too. And BATMAN BEGINS. And IRON MAN, And SPIDER-MAN. And...

• Like 1

I'm a Cap fan, but I can't wait to see some of the reactions here one Rio 2 wins the Weekend.

HOH HAHAHAH. It has already begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AJG

I read his post to mean from now on, not historically.

nothing will accomplish TDK numbers just because what happened around it historically…no movie will act like TDK ever because of Heath and his death….and the Joker…its a singular movie. No movie will act like it 

nothing will accomplish TDK numbers just because what happened around it historically…no movie will act like TDK ever because of Heath and his death….and the Joker…its a singular movie. No movie will act like it 

Just to throw it out there, Avengers had a bigger opening and nearly the same legs.

Yeah, and legs aren't going to get better. Only two superhero films since TDK have managed 3x multis, Megamind and The Avengers (TASM had a Tuesday opening). If you don't want to include Megamind, that's just one in the last 5 and a bit years. In fact, it might never happen again.
  • Like 1

Yeah, and legs aren't going to get better. Only two superhero films since TDK have managed 3x multis, Megamind and The Avengers (TASM had a Tuesday opening). If you don't want to include Megamind, that's just one in the last 5 and a bit years. In fact, it might never happen again.

There will be movies that will manage to get good legs. They just have to be good movies... Right now, every movie is from a franchise (Especially Marvel) so it's no surprise they're very front crowded. I can see a lot of Phase 3 movies, as long as they are done well, accomplish x3 legs. Maybe even Guardians this Fall with some luck.