Caladbolg

Tuesday numbers

Where? What US students in what parts of the country get the Monday following Easter off?

I've never heard of such. Humor me. 

In Illinois lots of schools are closed the Monday after Easter.

• Like 1

I've never heard of US kids getting the Monday after Easter off anywhere. 

So I find it interesting you say WI kids in your area were off.

I'm in K-12 and attend various conferences and hear a variety of calendars and this is a first. 

Which is why your statement "many were off" didn't ring true to my experience and not just my local experience. 

I believe until such a time I hear of more examples that your district is an exception to the norm.

Thanks for answering though. Professionally I'd be curious if anyone else reading knows of K-12 US schools out the Monday after Easter. 

Edit: I see more replies. Bizarre. I don't see the point, did you also get Good Friday? Did your school district have a 4-day weekend? Fascinating *spock*

Edited by Captain Craig
  • Like 1

I've never heard of US kids getting the Monday after Easter off anywhere. So I find it interesting you say WI kids in your area were off.I'm in K-12 and attend various conferences and hear a variety of calendars and this is a first. Which is why your statement "many were off" didn't ring true to my experience and not just my local experience. I believe until such a time I hear of more examples that your district is an exception to the norm.Thanks for answering though. Professionally I'd be curious if anyone else reading knows of K-12 US schools out the Monday after Easter. Edit: I see more replies. Bizarre. I don't see the point, did you also get Good Friday? Did your school district have a 4-day weekend? Fascinating *spock*

It usually depended on where Easter fell but some years I remember having Good Friday off and then the week after. This year Milwaukee a few districts had off last week and then Monday. Some have off this week. Others had theirs a few weeks ago. It just depended on the district.
  • Like 2

Here in Maryland, my kids' public school system was closed on Monday. As far back as to when I was in school (70s and 80s), we here in MD almost always got that day after Easter off, as the last day of our spring break, same as this year.Some counties in MD did have school on Monday, though, because of snow day makeups. But out district was closed.

• Like 2

I've never heard of US kids getting the Monday after Easter off anywhere. 

So I find it interesting you say WI kids in your area were off.

I'm in K-12 and attend various conferences and hear a variety of calendars and this is a first. 

Which is why your statement "many were off" didn't ring true to my experience and not just my local experience. 

I believe until such a time I hear of more examples that your district is an exception to the norm.

Thanks for answering though. Professionally I'd be curious if anyone else reading knows of K-12 US schools out the Monday after Easter. 

Edit: I see more replies. Bizarre. I don't see the point, did you also get Good Friday? Did your school district have a 4-day weekend? Fascinating *spock*

I never heard of it either and we never had that day off when I went to public school. However, I know that schools in NYC were closed the Monday after Easter. I don't know when this trend started, but it does exist in NYC.

• Like 1