grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

19 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Did that Jordan fella from the world of reel just got the information you posted here, and made an news article about it on his blog/site? lol.

Yes. He's clickbait with a vendetta against the film since it's feminist. He's on a mission to sink it by any means. I even reached out to him after the screening to inform him what he's been peddling was inaccurate and he ignored me of course lol

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Reviews so early is very promising. And I do not forsee a Flash level miscalculation

Definitely, Jordan Ruimy (yeah i learn about the embargo from him) said he knew many jornalists that watched for the junkets and was mixed 

But considering his personality i would bet the jornalists in question are probably another bunch of incels so i’m just ignoring their opinions and expecting good reviews 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely, Jordan Ruimy (yeah i learn about the embargo from him) said he knew many jornalists that watched for the junkets and was mixed 

But considering his personality i would bet the jornalists in question are probably another bunch of incels so i’m just ignoring their opinions and expecting good reviews 

Some critics won't like it due to the camp and satire (some will find it unsubtle, etc), but I don't anticipate truly mixed reception based on experience and what we all know. ruimy will of course focus on them due to his agenda but I don't imagine that will be the consensus. The marketing does tease the movie very well and that's what people want.. ask and you shall receive. Audience scores from Letterboxd (not the trolls who haven't seen) look to be strong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Some critics won't like it due to the camp and satire (some will find it unsubtle, etc), but I don't anticipate truly mixed reception based on experience and what we all know. ruimy will of course focus on them due to his agenda but I don't imagine that will be the consensus. The marketing does tease the movie very well and that's what people want.. ask and you shall receive. Audience scores from Letterboxd (not the trolls who haven't seen) look to be strong.

Yeah i’m expecting Nope reviews (77 on MC / 84% on RT with 7.7 average) … not a consensus, but people who love it should give it raves strong enough to compensate any panned reviews 

Ruimy is awful, he’s clearly pushing an agenda against this movie (as he does with anything with woman). But sadly he’s the best guy i know which makes compilations of informations that can be easily searched about smaller movies and festivals so i just keep reading it

9 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I can see a 4.2~ on Letterboxd, at least initially, if the movie is going to be what I think it is (a deconstruction of Barbie as a concept)

RT will be around the mid 80s if it is unsubtle though

Edited by Bobzaruni

And July 9th is just some social embargo? or full review embargo?

As for the reviews, comedy is subjective, so there will be people who are not in the same wavelength as the movie I am sure. But as most well reviewed comedies go, if the movie is well made, well crafted and have something extra to it other than trying to get laughs, like some kind of emotional beat, I think it could be well reviewed. 

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah i’m expecting Nope reviews (77 on MC / 84% on RT with 7.7 average) … not a consensus, but people who love it should give it raves strong enough to compensate any panned reviews 

Ruimy is awful, he’s clearly pushing an agenda against this movie (as he does with anything with woman). But sadly he’s the best guy i know which makes compilations of informations that can be easily searched about smaller movies and festivals so i just keep reading it

I think he just gets his info from forums like this and other awards forums (which i think they cited him stealing scoops there but never crediting, even though he used to be an active forum user there) and maybe some twitter accounts, and call it his sources.

I guess there is nothing legally wrong with that. But for a old playlist/film stage wannabe site, you would think he's a bit more professional, and to cater to one specific crowd (the old J.Wells crowd, even though he feels even more disingenuous in his framing and takes). 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reactions are made up and news are often fake or terribile wrong in the long term .

He just read things here and there on several forums. So i don't know what he acts like It's a journalists and not a movie forumist with a blog. Cringe. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1