CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I don't watch that, Any good? I used to watch Inspector Morse reruns a lot...

To me it is. Watch the movie one first on Netflix. If you like that then you'll like the series episodes.

What I am wondering is if Sony can just release a spinoff movie every five years until they want to release another reboot.

Spinoff about what? I mean, I guess they could do some really non-standard films to bridge the gap (I'd love a film that focuses on the staff of the Daily Bugle and provides a sort of man on the street view of superheroics) but they basically only have one hero and a bunch of villains to play with.

Really? You think they're gonna stop TASM just because TASM2 isn't doing as much as they hoped? It's their biggest franchise, just lol. Three sequels are greenlit. 

What? No, I'm asking as a hypothetical. I fully expect Sony to continue on their current path.

It's an excellent way to shrink their universe and make the villain much less interesting.

I think it's funny how some people complain about how all the Raimi movies had the villains unrealistically connected to Peter... but have no issue with the contrived OsCorp BS

• Like 1

I think it's funny how some people complain about how all the Raimi movies had the villains unrealistically connected to Peter... but have no issue with the contrived OsCorp BS

Reason I don't really mind it is that many of the villains seem to be created to battle Spider man

Now seating at my showing. Currently 3 people wearing Spiderman shirts. I am one of them. I'd wear Spidey draws too if I had em.Families and young adults are filling in. A dad just bought 4 adult tickets in IMAX 3D at $14 each sooo that help. 30 minutes!

I have no regrets about not going to prom tonight....this will be much more fun...

Meh, I have Prom tomorrow night, and I'm seeing TASM2 right after it in my tux. That'll be fun

If there's ever a reboot of the reboot, my hope is that the first film does away with the origin story in the opening credits a la Spider-Man 2 or The Incredible Hulk

"I hate the new reboot of Spider-Man. The Amazing Spider-Man at least waited until the third movie to rip-off Spider-Man 2, this new one ripped off in the first five minutes!"

• Like 1

I'm still not sold on Godzilla being a hit at the U.S. box office.  Overseas?  Maybe.  I look at Pacific Rim or other monster movies who haven't done spectacularly, and wonder just how much U.S. summer audiences (teenage boys) care about stories from 1950.  I'm not sold on its box office strength yet, and think it could only end up making 150 domestic.

Huge twitter activity and lots of teenagers are excited for it. Trust me on this.

• Like 1

They got MARTIN FUCKING SHEEN to play uncle ben too. Captain Willard, Illusive Man, President Fucking Bartlet. And they don't give a shit? fuck'em. Pissing me off thinking about it.

Also the villain in Spawn not named John Leguizamo!

• Like 4