CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

That's doable. But like I said last night, Sony will continue making these even of North America gives up completely. Unlike Americans, who prefer doom and gloom in their heroes, OS audiences embrace the lighter fare. We'll eventually turn on the Marvel stuff as well("If there's anything they like more than a hero is to see a hero fail, die trying.") . Wonder what that says about US as a society? Luckily, Americans do not steer the blockbuster ship anymore.  ;)

You sound bitter.

• Like 2

The difference between ASM2 and B&R is that the latter is camp all the way through. ASM2 manages to be camp, a romantic comedy, and a serious drama in equal measure, often bouncing between these genres from scene to scene. And it doesn't do any of them well. It's the fast food buffet of superhero films.

I don't think B&R is better, but I can't actually blame anyone for enjoying it more.

The weirdest thing about TASM2 was having 3 villains with no real purpose.  1 would have been enough.

• Like 2

I can't help but feel this is an overreaction that our overall Internet movie community will move away from. It has some B&R and BF moments, but the characters (outside of villains, save for Harry...sorta) have genuine emotional journeys. That didn't happen in those Batman movies.

Harry's story was on par with say Pyro in X2. Although they could have setup his need to make his father proud angle. 

It's too bad they couldn't have stuck to the comic a bit closer when it came to GG. That's really my only significant gripe with the film, that and Electro being a choice at all. Much like Sandman, Electro belongs in the cartoon/comics, not in live action.

The weirdest thing about TASM2 was having 3 villains with no real purpose.  1 would have been enough.

That movie did not need Electro.

• Founder / Operator

Harry's story was on par with say Pyro in X2. Although they could have setup his need to make his father proud angle. 

It's too bad they couldn't have stuck to the comic a bit closer when it came to GG. That's really my only significant gripe with the film, that and Electro being a choice at all. Much like Sandman, Electro belongs in the cartoon/comics, not in live action.

I was actually impressed with the potential for Electro (if he were 1 of 2 villains, instead of 3). He made for a very cinematic villain. Just didn't have the appropriate writing or direction behind him.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 7

I think Electro is extremely cinematic, they just completely missed the boat. I realize he's not exactly the most complex villains in the comic but they could have done something interesting instead.

• Like 6

???I said SHE is done.I'm not. Looks like its Summer movies with the guys!

I just assume with marriage, if she's done, you're done :lol:

Edited by MrPink

I was actually impressed with the potential for Electro (if he were 1 of 2 villains, instead of 3). He made for a very cinematic villain. Just didn't have the appropriate writing or direction behind him.

The movie would have been fine without him. Harry could have had a better story with Peter.I thought the love story was great. No sex scene though.
  • Like 2

I think Sandman was pretty good as well. What hurt him was retconning him as Uncle Ben's killer, and having Venom crammed in. Drop the retcon and cut Venom, and he would've worked really well.

• Like 5

The movie would have been fine without him. Harry could have had a better story with Peter.I thought the love story was great. No sex scene though.

Yeah but Electro would have been something different. 

• Like 1

I think Sandman was pretty good as well. What hurt him was retconning him as Uncle Ben's killer, and having Venom crammed in. Drop the retcon and cut Venom, and he would've worked really well.

Visually Sandman was a treat, Church was a great choice too and did a lot with very little. Oh what could have been.

• Like 5

I don't know where this is going.

Don't. I'd probably get bitched slapped if she ever read this.Let's walk away slowly Pink.
  • Like 1

Yeah but Electro would have been something different.

The story overall was going all over the place. The ending was perfect though.