lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

RJ was great  in----Me Earl and the Dying Girl. 

Yup. First one whom I've actually seen in something.

Is it too much to hope for a Latina or Indian actress to play the Yellow Ranger now? 3/5 of the kids being minorities will give me fond Captain Planet and the Planeteers memories.

tumblr_inline_mqjrmtOmNg1qz4rgp.png

Is it too much to hope for a Latina or Indian actress to play the Yellow Ranger now? 3/5 of the kids being minorities will give me fond Captain Planet and the Planeteers memories.

For those who are unaware, in the original 1993 show, Thuy Trang was actually a replacement for someone else who was going to play Trini: Audri Dubois.  She was seen in the first pilot they made for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which was different from the first episode that started the show.

tumblr_inline_mqjrmtOmNg1qz4rgp.png

Apparently Naomi Scott is half Indian.

Any body know how much Lionsgate is planning on spending on this?

If it's over 50 Million bucks they are insane. But Lionsgate has just flushed 90 mIllion down the tube with "The Last Witch Hunter" so there are quite a few questionable decisons being made over there.

I know that Lionsgate is desperate for a new big franchise now that "The Hunger Games" franchise at a end but the freaking Mighty Morphin Power Rangers???????

Edited by dudalb

If it's over 50 Million bucks they are insane. But Lionsgate has just flushed 90 mIllion down the tube with "The Last Witch Hunter" so there are quite a few questionable decisons being made over there.

I know that Lionsgate is desperate for a new big franchise now that "The Hunger Games" franchise at a end but the freaking Mighty Morphin Power Rangers???????

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES says hi.

Well WB flushed 200M down the toilet on GDT's spin on Power Rangers

• Like 3

Lionsgate won't last many years, IMO.

They are incapable of making a good marketing campaign and everything they release bombs.

Ever hear of something called "THe Hunger Games"?

ALthough you overstate,I agree with you that Lionsgate is going to have big problems now that The Hunger Games cash cow will run dry .

I see a scenario like what happened with New Line:A company that specialized in low and occasionally medium budget films has a gigantic sucess with a single franchise; but they don't know how to handle a lot of money coming in,waste a lot of the profits from the franchise on big budget flops and questionable attempts to get another big franchise,and in less then ten years go belly up and lose their independence and end up as just a devision of another studio,

• Like 1

Ever hear of something called "THe Hunger Games"?

ALthough you overstate,I agree with you that Lionsgate is going to have big problems now that The Hunger Games cash cow will run dry .

I see a scenario like what happened with New Line:A company that specialized in low and occasionally medium budget films has a gigantic sucess with a single franchise; but they don't know how to handle a lot of money coming in,waste a lot of the profits from the franchise on big budget flops and questionable attempts to get another big franchise,and in less then ten years go belly up and lose their independence and end up as just a devision of another studio,

MJ1 and MJ2 marketing has been weak and disappointing. They made sure the Divergent brand was properly buried with Insurgent's marketing (it is amazing that movie did what it did). Allegiant is also apparently being made to feed BvS. 

Everything else they release also bombs spectacularly and has brutally bad marketing campaigns. 

• Like 1

TMNT had a sort of inherent coolness that Power Rangers Never had. It also skewed older. Bad Comparasion.

But how can you judge the movie given the fact that it hasn't even started shooting? If you are basing it on the TV series, it definitely has its audience. And if the rumors are true, this will have a more serious tone than that of the TV shows.

GDT has some serious photos of Thomas Tull.

Legendary seems to love giving GDT money, first the 100% on Pacific Rim and then the 100% on Crimson Peak.

I am ok with both of these. Crimson Peak was fucking phenomenal. 

• Like 1

But how can you judge the movie given the fact that it hasn't even started shooting? If you are basing it on the TV series, it definitely has its audience. And if the rumors are true, this will have a more serious tone than that of the TV shows.

I think you might greatly outnumbered in thinking this is a good idea.

And some subjects are inherently sllly that you can't really sucessfully make more serious. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is one of them.

I think you might greatly outnumbered in thinking this is a good idea.

And some subjects are inherently sllly that you can't really sucessfully make more serious. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is one of them.

I didn't say it's a good idea. I have seen and said this many times here. We react negatively towards a movie that doesn't appeal to us forgetting the fact that it has a target audience that could give it good-great box office numbers.

• Like 1