Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I did the exact same thing yesterday with a few posts about WWZ, which I was re-watching, and nobody seemed to be upset. It was Saturday afternoon. While we wait for official estimates, there is really nothing to talk about. I don't do it just for Marvel or DC, just saying  :ph34r:

man of steel always brings destruction with it wherever it goes. Shoulda known better...

• Like 7

So apparently if you're mod you must only discuss weekend numbers in the weekend thread?Fuck talking about MoS, TASM2 being so bad, Pink's hot dogs, Tele's dogs missing, E being E, Baumer making fun of Sony, Walt Disney with his 2 posts in this thread, Undertakers streak ending, etc.Let's all talk weekend numbers. Should be about 2 pages long.We're a community. We do box office but I'm sure we're allowed to be social.

• Like 8

Baumer was talking about Weekend Threads. There is usually a lot of liberty in those that we don't allow in the movies threads.

I just wonder, is that what Shawn said? What we should follow?

I'm here all the time just because I don't post daily, I love the mods here but agree derailment is a big issue as the site had grown like mojo. Anyways now I'm doing it and don't want to be a hypocrite but I think it's something we can all improve on right?

I think for weekends like this when we have box office to talk about. But this habit of going off topic comes from the slow weekends. These threads are on the front page and nobody wants to go into Speakeasy or RL because the traffic is either slower or non existent. If we are going to enforce the no office topic in the numbers threads then it has to be enforced all the time. I don't like the fact that CJohn was just singled out.

• Like 1

I thought he was guaranteed a certain amount of the gross and that went into the budget cost?

sites usually report that

the actor’s agents renegotiated his deal so that he would receive profit participation in any future movies where he played Iron Man - allegedly 5 to 7 percent of the box office gross.

from screen rant

Do you have the link for that?  That's a great article.

here you go

• Like 1

But does someone discussing a movie in this thread really bother you?  Are you honestly going to get off this site and be angered for the rest of the day because someone discussed Superman instead of how much money Neighbors made?  Is that difficult to skip over the posts you don't care about?  

Really?

• Like 1

So apparently if you're mod you must only discuss weekend numbers in the weekend thread?Fuck talking about MoS, TASM2 being so bad, Pink's hot dogs, Tele's dogs missing, E being E, Baumer making fun of Sony, Walt Disney with his 2 posts in this thread, Undertakers streak ending, etc.Let's all talk weekend numbers. Should be about 2 pages long.We're a community. We do box office but I'm sure we're allowed to be social.

It's called the classic conversation thread and the thousands of other off topic ones in sub forums we have on here.

I just wonder, is that what Shawn said? What we should follow?

Shawn says use your best judgment in every situation. Because every situation is different. Of course the rule is not going off topic, but you know we usually give a lot of liberty in that aspect specially in the Weekend Numbers thread.

• Like 1

To be fair, a lot of Downey's income from the film came as a percentage of the box office...so it wasn't included in the actual budget of the film. Still though, I'm sure he got more upfront than the $4m combined for the ASM2 actors.

I have an inside source that says that Downey is getting paid about 75 mill for Avengers 3, and that is part of the budget this time.  The budget that will be made public and the actual budget will be different.  This one is going to be north of 325 mill.  

I trust this source.

• Like 1

Shawn says use your best judgment in every situation. Because every situation is different. Of course the rule is not going off topic, but you know we usually give a lot of liberty in that aspect specially in the Weekend Numbers thread.

Just make the rule fixed. If it's a weekend thread we can go off topic. No?

sites usually report that

the actor’s agents renegotiated his deal so that he would receive profit participation in any future movies where he played Iron Man - allegedly 5 to 7 percent of the box office gross.

from screen rant

here you go

Thank you.

• Like 1

I am currently watching THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN. There.

It is actually my favorite of the 3 and the only one I come back from time to time. 

• Like 2

It's called the classic conversation thread and the thousands of other off topic ones in sub forums we have on here.

I understand that, but it's been a "thing" that the weekend thread becomes "The Weekend" Thread. Let's face it, we have numbers at 2 certain points of the day. There's not much to discuss for those entire 14 hours of not having box office numbers. Edited by #ED
  • Like 3

Just make the rule fixed. If it's a weekend thread we can go off topic. No?

Of course we can off topic. This thread usually works as a Conversation thread. If nothing interesting is happening and we are waiting for numbers, it is fine to talk about other things. 

• Like 1