lilmac

Too much Force?

GREAT ARTICLE!

It's one of my main issues with the prequels and with Episode VII speculation. I have said repeatedly here that I hope we see little lightsaber action. For me, my worry isn't about the application of the Force but going overboard with fighting scenes (although this article raises many awesome points). You risk diluting the mysteries surrounding the living force. To me, the 1:21 mark of this video captures Star Wars perfectly:

The prequels focused too much on the Jedi and fast lightsaber fights and martial arts. It fits in with these modern times where everything is explosive, kinetic, and violent. Star Wars is so much bigger than the lightsaber. Kasdan and JJ, please use the Force sparingly! It should be dessert, not a full course meal. The Jedi are not what Star Wars is about.

Edited by lilmac

I like the force and I love the kinetic energy in the newer films. So im good with lots of force.

You should check out the Clone Wars animated series (2003, not the 2008 series)   if you want to see some crazy use of the Force.

• Like 1

GREAT ARTICLE!

It's one of my main issues with the prequels and with Episode VII speculation. I have said repeatedly here that I hope we see little lightsaber action. For me, my worry isn't about the application of the Force but going overboard with fighting scenes (although this article raises many awesome points). You risk diluting the mysteries surrounding the living force. To me, the 1:21 mark of this video captures Star Wars perfectly:

The prequels focused too much on the Jedi and fast lightsaber fights and martial arts. It fits in with these modern times where everything is explosive, kinetic, and violent. Star Wars is so much bigger than the lightsaber. Kasdan and JJ, please use the Force sparingly! It should be dessert, not a full course meal. The Jedi are not what Star Wars is about.

uh the Jedi is what Star Wars is about. That's like saying the transformers aren't what Transformers are all about lol.

• Like 1

This is stupid lol.

More Force, the better. I would rather see a SW movie with full of star-destroying Force than a movie they pretend to call SW with little Force.

The Jedi should fight the Sith with the Force like the people fight with Power in Dragon Ball Z, like this:

Posted Image

Majin Boo has got a strong dark Froce.

• Like 1

This is stupid lol.

More Force, the better. I would rather see a SW movie with full of star-destroying Force than a movie they pretend to call SW with little Force.

The Jedi should fight the Sith with the Force like the people fight with Power in Dragon Ball Z, like this:

Posted Image

Majin Boo has got a strong dark Froce.

I want this type of action in the new movie

The author is right in a sense but its too late to put that genie back in the bottle. It's like walking in on your parents having sex. You can do your best to forget it, but the images haunt your mind forever.

The prequels are with us for good and there is no chance imo of getting back that magical first feeling you got when Yoda moved the X-ring or whatever. The best we can realistically hope for is that we get a movie whose characters make us care about all the force action going on around us.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

GREAT ARTICLE!

The video is wrong with point 4 unless it also thinks ROTJ was what made the franchise less than great.

The author is right in a sense but its too late to put that genie back in the bottle. It's like walking in on your parents having sex. You can do your best to forget it, but the images haunt your mind forever.

The prequels are with us for good and there is no chance imo of getting back that magical first feeling you got when Yoda moved the X-ring or whatever. The best we can realistically hope for is that we get a movie whose characters make us care about all the force action going on around us.

I've always wanted to make a short film about a SW geek who is obsessed the Force is real. That somehow Lucas tapped into something based in reality. His family and friends shun him. At the end of the movie, he is alone in his college chemistry lab doing homework when he tries moving a beaker with the force. The last shot shows the beaker moving ever so slightly (reminiscent of the magneto scene in XMen2 or the last scene in Inception).