baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

If anything it should be the other way, almost lock DOM and maybe WW. Without re-release, Titanic would no longer be #2 DOM

Lol without 3D and more screens your  Avengers wouldnt even make 450M (Your point) Bottom line Avengers is nothing to titanic. That film is of this era and adjusts to almost 1.1B domestic and nearly 3B OS. LOL

Please stop the madness lol

• Like 2

Yeah upstate here it aint friggin stoppin is Godzilla coming to NY shores???? LOL AAAAAH!! I hope your girl is okay though on a serious note Rich. Call and keep checking up on her my friend. :(

All good! She's right here :)

All good! She's right here :)

Cool you had me worried there it is really feeling like Noahs Ark..What the fuck still pouring..Fak all damn day.

Glad shes okay.. No driving out for you too bud if waters are high.. Order in pizza ;)

Edited by Superman001

Lol Japan, China, Austraila, UK , and more will see to that Damien...I see Godzilla earning at least 200-300More and on the highend of the spectrum doubling Kong WW. And they didnt spend 350+M on Godzilla either lol

Japan? Possibly, but certainly not guaranteed. KK did a respectable $19m there, and I don't see Godzilla doing a hell of a lot more than that, regardless of the name. Pacific Rim only did $14m, and that was about as coded as you could make to appeal in the market. Kaiju are not especially popular nowadays over there.

China, it should easily gross more. I acknowledged that.

Australia probably should. It has turned into something of a bumper market, so getting more than KK's $15m seems likely. (Not a ton more, though. I doubt it doubles it.)

The UK was KK's biggest market by a huge margin. It earned $52m there. Godzilla may match that. I doubt it's going to beat it.

Besides that, it's doing a bit less than ideal in Germany, so it could struggle to match KK's $21m there. And it may struggle to hit the $26m KK earned in France. Not to mention, it's going to vastly throw under the $24m KK earned in South Korea. (Which is an undeniably great number for it. I had no idea it did that well there.)

If Godzilla is going to beat KK by $200-$300m WW, it needs at least $750m WW. Even if you give it good legs, it ends up around $250m US. Do you honestly think that the expansions of Russia and China are going to account for the extra $150m it needs otherwise? (And take care of any drops in other markets that are going to happen.)

Sorry dude, no. Godzilla stands a good chance of beating KK WW, but it's not going to be by a wide margin.

• Like 2

Just came back from the film, loved it!!!!I loved everything about it, the visuals, characters, plot, just everything. There was clapping at the end, and after the you know what scene.Best movie of the year so far!!!!!!

Damn!!!! HEAT em UP.. .I can see people going back all day tomm.. Let not even this epic rain stop them....Godzilla!!

• Like 1

Japan? Possibly, but certainly not guaranteed. KK did a respectable $19m there, and I don't see Godzilla doing a hell of a lot more than that, regardless of the name. Pacific Rim only did $14m, and that was about as coded as you could make to appeal in the market. Kaiju are not especially popular nowadays over there.

China, it should easily gross more. I acknowledged that.

Australia probably should. It has turned into something of a bumper market, so getting more than KK's $15m seems likely. (Not a ton more, though. I doubt it doubles it.)

The UK was KK's biggest market by a huge margin. It earned $52m there. Godzilla may match that. I doubt it's going to beat it.

Besides that, it's doing a bit less than ideal in Germany, so it could struggle to match KK's $21m there. And it may struggle to hit the $26m KK earned in France. Not to mention, it's going to vastly throw under the $24m KK earned in South Korea. (Which is an undeniably great number for it. I had no idea it did that well there.)

If Godzilla is going to beat KK by $200-$300m WW, it needs at least $750m WW. Even if you give it good legs, it ends up around $250m US. Do you honestly think that the expansions of Russia and China are going to account for the extra $150m it needs otherwise? (And take care of any drops in other markets that are going to happen.)

Sorry dude, no. Godzilla stands a good chance of beating KK WW, but it's not going to be by a wide margin.

Wrongggg... 90-130 mi in China Damien, 60-90 in Japan.... And it will beat KK in UK

LEts go!!! I expect a majjor ass whooping.

Lol without 3D and more screens your  Avengers wouldnt even make 450M (Your point) Bottom line Avengers is nothing to titanic. That film is of this era and adjusts to almost 1.1B domestic and nearly 3B OS. LOL

Titanic is arguably the biggest film of all time (combination of rentals, it being released at the height of the VHS era etc..), but that doesn't take away from how big of an achievement The Avengers is. Still a massive success. James Cameron is on his own planet when it comes to success. 

• Like 2

Just came back from the film, loved it!!!!I loved everything about it, the visuals, characters, plot, just everything. There was clapping at the end, and after the you know what scene.Best movie of the year so far!!!!!!

Do you think KK has a chance to stay close to Godzilla good buddy.. Or you see a horse length ass whipping.

• Like 1

Titanic is arguably the biggest film of all time (combination of rentals, it being released at the height of the VHS era etc..), but that doesn't take away from how big of an achievement The Avengers is. Still a massive success. James Cameron is on his own planet when it comes to success. 

Amen I hate fans  comparing Avengers  to Titanic...  LOL Titanic also sold 70+M copies on HV LOL.

Sold who knows how many movie albums and over 3 billion worth of merchandise.

Avengers who!!

IVe been part of the SWs , Supes 78, the Indian Jones and ET era.

NEver Never in my life has anything dwarfed the sensation that was Titanic....Still the greatest of all epics

ever made!! The emotion, the breakthrough visuals, the score, the music...

(Tears are in my eyes) James Cameron is truly the greastest pound for pound of the directors

that can amaze and wow audiences

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 2

You completly missed the point that's first. Second, "my" Avengers lol? I was just criticized for 'hating' superheroes, check your facts. Third - your allergic reactions to any notion that Cameron may not be simultaneously, #1-to-#1286382 on all time box office everywhere is ridiculous. Movie inflation and 3D gimmick make "standard" blockbuster catch up with old hits so Titanic will get bumped down soon domestically. And this is nothing about hating on it omg get some sense

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 1

Wrongggg... 90-130 mi in China Damien, 60-90 in Japan.... And it will beat KK in UK

LEts go!!! I expect a majjor ass whooping.

Actually, I'm less confident it's going to break out huge in China. The proximity to Transformers is going to severely harm it. But it could hit in that range, possibly.

60-90m in Japan? Are you fucking high?

Actually, I'm less confident it's going to break out huge in China. The proximity to Transformers is going to severely harm it. But it could hit in that range, possibly.

If Pacific Rim could break out big in China, I don't see why Godzilla couldn't do as well in that country.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Amen I hate fans  comparing Avengers  to Titanic...  LOL Titanic also sold 70+M copies on HV LOL.

Sold who knows how many movie albums and over 3 billion worth of merchandise.

Avengers who!!

IVe been part of the SWs , Supes 78, the Indian Jones and ET era.

NEver Never in my life has anything dwarfed the sensation that was Titanic....Still the greatest of all epics

ever made!! The emotion, the breakthrough visuals, the score, the music...

(Tears are in my eyes) James Cameron is truly the greastest pound for pound of the directors

that can amaze and wow audiences

I agree and think Titanic is a phenomenal movie and an unparalleled achievement. I do truly think it is the biggest film of all time when all is considered. James Cameron is my favorite director and I think he is a genius story teller and visual artist. His ability to make stories that resonate with cultures worldwide is a unique and incredible gift. 

Edit: TA is still a massive success and James Cameron is in his own stratosphere. Thus, I wouldn't compare another film's success to his. Otherwise, everything would be a disappointment. 

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

You need to stop confusing internet BS with how folks really want this movie Damie.

Go to toho kingdom and Japanese forums..They ae stoked.. My friends who jap/american says he sees it

getting up to 80-100mil In Japan. So  it is you that could be off your rocker with your it wont beat KK by a mile.

What planet are you on. Godzilla could make 550-700+M OS LOL